The position of Deputy Secretary General is now open at AfCFTA.
Purpose of Job:
To coordinate the performance and delivery of the AfCFTA Secretariat programmes and ensure high performance results and impact. The Deputy Secretary general will assist and deputize the Secretary General in delivering his/her mandate.
Suggested: Job Post At American Bureau Of Shipping
- Advise and support the Secretary General in the management of the Secretariat
- Provide practical management and visionary leadership.
- Facilitates the identification of top priorities for the senior leadership of the AfCFTA’s mandate.
- Translates the senior leadership priorities into annual targets and goals and establishes a robust organization-wide framework for monitoring and tracking progress.
- Provides regular reports to the Secretary General on portfolio and Service delivery.
- Monitors and tracks progress in the delivery of the AfCFTA’s annual goals.
- Ensure effective collaboration in program development with AfCFTA institutions, AU Development Agency (AUDA-NEPAD), CUA.
- Collaborates with other members of the senior leadership team to ensure strategic coherence and overall synergy in the implementation of the AfCFTA programme and the delivery of high impact results for the continent.
- Cultivates a knowledge management culture through promotion of research and publications that will ensure knowledge sharing and transfer across the Commission; and;
- Drives performance and delivery across the AfCFTA ’s senior management and inspires high performance, teamwork and delivery across the portfolio.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience:
Master’s degree in International Trade, Public Administration, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Law, Finance, Management. International Relations or a related field from a recognized institution with Fifteen (15) years of relevant professional experience with at least ten (10) years served in a senior management role preferably in an inter-governmental organization or national government/public service, international or regional institution, and a minimum of five (5) years of direct supervisory experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience with strategic vision and proven skills in managing complex organizations at the national, regional or international level;
- Demonstrated record of setting clear standards for accountability, probity, value for money and risk management and zero tolerance to fraud and corruption; for ensuring sound and transparent financial management; and delivering continuous improvement, impact, efficiency and effectiveness;
- Demonstrated intellectual leadership, creativity and proven ability to propose new ideas and lead on new ways of working across silos in a complementary and synergistic way for a prosperous and peaceful Africa;
- Proven track record of change management and accomplishments at the regional, national or international level with strong resource mobilization, political and diplomatic skills;
- Demonstrated ability to lead a multi-cultural team and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization;
- Proven ability to inspire, encourage, build trust and confidence and build consensus, stimulate effective campaigns and drive collective action among a broad spectrum of people and organizations.
How To Submit An Application For Deputy Secretary General At AfCFTA
Closing Date: April 17, 2023
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED