Are you commercial minded with a keen sense for details? Do you know how to manage a team? Are you able to work under pressure? Are you intrinsically motivated and proactive? If your answer is yes to all the questions about then we have an opportunity for you.
Scania West Africa (SWA) is here with a new job option for the position of Parts Manager also called Parts Supervisor, Warehouse Manager.
Objective Of Role:
The main responsibility of the Parts Manager is to manage and develop the parts business in a cost efficient and profitable way. The Parts Manager ensures a healthy stock level that meets the needs of the end customers and the workshops and contributes to a profitable business with well-defined targets. This is achieved by a high level of parts availability and part sales.
Competencies encompass knowledge, skills, and abilities, combined with other personal characteristics such as proactivity and motivation that contribute to successful individual and organizational performance.
Competencies are not only about what you know, but how you apply what you know.
At Scania competence is defined as the “Ability and will to perform tasks through applying knowledge and skills.” (ISO definition). This means that competences are demonstrated and observable as we perform our work.
At Scania we differ between Professional Competencies, General knowledge and skills and Personal Competencies.
- Professional Competencies are the specific duties and task identified in the generic role.
Professional competences highlight the abilities needed to perform the duties and task of the role and can be observed at work. E.g. “Prospecting” or “Workshop Management*.
- General Knowledge and Skills are needed to perform the duties and tasks of the role. Knowledge is the theoretical understanding of a subject and skills are proficiency in performing a physical or mental activity. General knowledge and skills are general to many roles. E.g. “Accounting”, Welding”.
- Personal Competencies are qualities we need to demonstrate for successful work results. E.g.
“Proactivity” or “Teamwork”.
View This: Job Recruitment At CA Logistics Limited
Scania’s general competency scale for defining required competency level:
- Acquire: Learning to be able to apply the competence in work situations. Able to apply competence in work situations using support.
- Apply: Able to apply competence in work situations independently without support.
- Guide: Able to apply competence in work situations with extraordinary or complex conditions and guide and lead others.
Shape: Considered as an expert and drives the development of new concepts and methods
Innovate: Considered as an authority in the field, both internally and externally
How To Send Job Applications To Scania
Send your application (CV and cover letter) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply By: 16th January, 2024.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED