There is a job vacancy at Safety Training Officer (Senior) At Lycopodium. The post holder will join the growing HSE & Sustainability team in Yamfo, Ahafo North.
He/she will report to the HSE Manager the Training Officer (Senior) will be responsible for reviewing, updating, and performing training on the health and safety elements of the HSE Management Plan and procedures to ensure that the Ahafo North Project delivered professionally and safely in line with Company, Client and industry requirements.
Recommended: Natural Resource Governance Institute Job Vacancy
The tasks you’ll perform:
- Confirm all HSE initiatives of the Project team are aligned with Company, Client, regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Discover training needs and communicate with management
- Trains and carries out drills and exercises on how to manage emergency situations.
- Initiate and organize HSE training of employees and executives.
- Provide specialist advice in relative areas of expertise.
- Work collaboratively with personnel across all business units.
- Ensure all dealings with Client, Vendors and other external stakeholders are professional and in line with ethos of the business.
The expertise you’ll bring:
- Ensure all contractor safety training procedures and standards are up to date and fully implemented.
- Develop HSE training needs analysis and plan for the Mine.
- Ensure that all Safety trainings (Contractor Safety Inductions, HRM, Technical, Work Pack, Risk-based Inductions) are conducted as planned and applicable records kept.
- Liaise with Line Management regarding safety skills gaps and training as requested and align training to legal, operational, and work practices/requirements.
- Ensure contractor safety audits are completed and effective actions generated and properly followed up till they are fixed
- Ensure all contractors are periodically assessed to understand compliance with MINCOM statutory safety requirements.
- Site based.
- Working hours are 6 days a week, 8 hours per day, from Monday to Saturday, 7am to 4pm daily and 5 hours on Saturdays from 7 am to 1pm. Note that any additional hours required to work would be paid for.
- 23/5-day roster.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
- Technical Certificate / Tertiary Education Qualification, Degree, or Diploma in appropriate specialist field or equivalent.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite Package.
- 5 years plus of experience in specialist field.
- Solid leadership skills.
- Expert in Safety training and presentation.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Have an Eagle’s eye for details.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Deadline Driven.
- Webster University Job Opening
- Newest Job Opening At Newmont Mining Corporation
- Vacancy at the Gaming Commission of Ghana
How To Submit An Application For Safety Training Officer (Senior) – Lycopodium
To submit an application, click on this Link
Deadline: Monday, 21st November 2022.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED