Here is Natural Resource Governance Institute Job Vacancy. The company is hiring a Senior Economic Analyst.
About This Opportunity
The Senior Economic Analyst will lead analytical work and act as a senior spokesperson on economic issues relevant to resource extraction in Ghana. The successful candidate for the post of Senior Economic Analyst will be an outstanding economic analyst with deep experience of Ghana, and with exceptional skills in public speaking and organizational representation.The Senior Economic analyst brings technical understanding in extractives, economics and governance to generate expert analysis, research and policy advice vital to NRGI’s work in driving reform in Ghana.
The position will work in concert with Anglophone West Africa and the Legal & Economic (L&E) teams to advance NRGI’s learning, advocacy, monitoring and expertise in NRGI’s economic lines of work. Potential areas of focus are tax policy, extractives revenue management, economic linkages from the extractive sector, state-owned enterprise management and helping resource-rich countries navigate the energy transition.
With an economic background in the extractives industry, s/he will contribute to advocacy, capacity building and technical assistance efforts by providing specialized expertise, leading Ghana-specific strategies and interventions and localizing global programs to Ghana. The Senior Economic Analyst will build strategic and productive relationships with national institutions, development partners, leaders in government and civil society, and private sector.
- Advance the learning, expertise, and body of evidence-based knowledge to drive impact in natural resource governance and sustainable, inclusive development.
- Manage and run a portfolio of projects, engaging NRGI and partner capabilities to maximize impact and capacity for good governance.
- Build strong donor relations that deliver mutual value and generate sustainable funding.
- Strengthen NRGI presence in country, help shape country norms and deliver gains in the transformation of practices in natural resource governance through effective influencing, advocacy and communication strategies.
- Minimum 7-8 years’ experience working as an economic analyst within the field of international development broadly.
- At least 3 years’ experience working on extractive industry governance or at least one of the following fields: taxation, public financial management, state owned enterprise management, or energy transition.
- Deep understanding of the interplay between regulations, government, and commercial activities; familiarity with country, and regional initiatives aiming to improve good governance in the extractive industries sector.
- Excellent quantitative analysis skills, including experience developing complex models, synthesizing data sets from multiple sources, and guiding strategic analysis and interpretation.
- Experience providing pragmatic technical assistance on complex policy or business issues to decision-makers. Ability to deliver trainings and other capacity development interventions to a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Significant experience working regionally.
- Possess the gravitas, credibility, and ability to initiate and develop strategic relationships and influence key stakeholders at a project, country, and region level; experience engaging with regional institutions in Africa and donors, and institutions that may require different approaches.
- Ability to think conceptually and strategically with a 3–5-year horizon.
- Experience managing and allocating resources efficiently.
- Fluent in English with excellent writing, speaking, and presentation skills. Excellent cross-cultural communication skills, including ability and/or interest in engaging with the media and using social media (e.g., Twitter) to connect NRGI’s work to relevant current affairs
Education & Qualifications
- Postgraduate degree in economics required. Earlier / additional degree in relevant field (e.g., public policy, finance, law, international affairs, or engineering) preferred.
How To Submit An Application For The Job Vacancy At Natural Resource Governance Institute
To submit an online application, kindly click on this Link
Application Closing Date: November 28th, 2022
Interview week commencing: December 5th, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED