The service of a new Recruitment Officer is now needed at African Union.
Purpose of Job:
To oversee the entire recruitment process managing both internal and external stakeholders from recruitment requisition from hiring managers, writing and placing adverts, shortlisting, interviewing, managing the offer and completing associated administrative tasks.
- Provides support for the monitoring and evaluating of predefined recruitment strategic plan.
- Responsible for sourcing high calibre candidates, ensuring the recruitment has been planned, budgeted and approved prior to recruitment.
- Manages and coordinates the selection and assessment processes including cv sifts, ensuring all resourcing processes meet legal requirements and are fair, fit and inclusive.
- Provides support in setting the overall research direction and execution of relevant policy areas.
- Engages with relevant mid-level stakeholders and develop working relationships.
- Work with hiring managers to ensure a smooth, timely and effective recruitment and selection process.
- Provide feedback to relevant parties at each stage of the recruitment process.
- Prepares minutes, reports and ensure the approval of all due documents in a timely manner.
- Provides technical support to internal and external stakeholders.
See Also: Job Available At U.S Embassy
- Participate in the review of Standard Operating Procedures, policies, guidelines and tools used in short listing, interviewing and selection of staff;
- Provides support in the development of the yearly recruitment plan and contribute to the recruitment process;
- Ensures compliance to established recruitment practices and staff regulations and rules at all recruitment processes;
- Reviews job openings in consultation with hiring managers/HRBP, ensuring that the evaluation criteria and responsibilities are in line with the approved documents;
- Publishes vacancies on AU website and subscribed social media platforms (LinkedIn, twitter and Facebook)
- Ensures thorough monitoring of postings and applications to ensure timely recruitment.
- Coordinates and participates in shortlisting and interview activities using the Success Factor for candidate’s list generation and scoring.
- Carry out all the administrative duties in the recruitment process such as logging application forms/cvs, organizing recruitment timetables, arranging interviews, interview tests and distributing interview packs and shortlisting to interviewees/panels.
- Accurate and timely management of documentation and reporting.
- Ensures administration of language professional examination and psychometric assessment to candidates;
- Makes sure that reference checks are done in timely manner.
- Seeks approval for appointments and ensure creation of contracts in SAP system, and prepare job offers to successful candidates;
- Revises all outgoing documents to ensure accuracy,
- Administers the process for new employees, for example, prepares offer letters.
- Liaises with on-boarding team to initiate on-boarding process for appointed successful candidates.
- Processes upgrading, promotion, transfer and other relevant requests to the Promotion and Mobility Committee until approval.
- Provides support in the process of building awareness amongst, senior management and staff members with regard to CBI, Psychometric Tests, application process; recruitment policy, staff rules and regulations, and related guidelines;
- Provides guidance on interpretation and application of related recruitment policies, regulations and rules.
- Contributes to the resolution of grievances and complaints related to recruitment.
- Participates in the planning process throughout the recruitment life cycle for determining the staffing requirements and organizational structure and conduct analysis to provide inputs on emerging fixed term capacity gaps in accordance with the mission/clients’ mandate.
Also Check: Job Opening At Dangote Global Services Ltd
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration/Management, Public
Administration, Labor Law or related field with 5 years of progressive relevant experience in human resources management or recruitment in similar international organization out of which 2 years are at supervisory level.
- Master’s degree in indicated fields are required to have 2 years of experience in human resources management or recruitment in similar international organization.
- Professional certification from recognized HR institutions such as SHRM-CP, PHR or equivalent are desirable.
How To Submit An Application To African Union For The Role Recruitment Officer
Closing Date: 24th April, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED