A permanent role is now open at Tullow Oil. The role of Senior Carbon Offset Advisor is open for employment.
The Senior Project Advisor (Carbon Offsets) to support the Carbon Offset Project Manager, in-country, to deliver on Tullow’s carbon offset plans in Ghana.
The role is focused on delivery of the current project alongside the Ghana Forestry Commission (FC) to reach a Final Investment Decision and manage the long-term project implementation.
This would be the first public / private partnership for a voluntary carbon market project in Ghana and provides the opportunity to shape the partnership model. This role is based Offshore in Ghana.
Check This: New Role Open At Guinness
- Working with the Project Manager other key stakeholders, support the development of a robust activity plan to reach Final Investment Decision (FID)
- Engage with FC, and other relevant stakeholders, to coordinate and, alongside project manager, review and provide feedback on work outputs in accordance with the FID activity plan
- Regularly review project status with FC, understand issues as they arise and engage with project manager and wider Tullow team to resolve issues and mitigate identified risks
- Manage third party due diligence process between FC and Tullow ethics and compliance team
Requirements For The Permanent Role At Tullow Oil
- Exposure to the challenges of working with local, regional and national governments
- Ability to build effective, long-term relationships with a wide range of stakeholders including governments, local communities, civil society groups, non-government organisations.
- Knowledge of social and environmental impact assessments and reporting frameworks
- Commercial mindset, with willingness to develop commercial skillset to manage the long-term project contract
- A desire to learn about the carbon markets sector and wider sustainability
- Deep expertise in voluntary carbon project methodologies
- Management and interpersonal skills to interact with and coordinate the activities of contractors and within own multi-discipline project team
- Excellent verbal, written and listening skills
- General knowledge on contractor management.
Also Check: Open Role At Suma Rural Bank
- A suitable degree in environmental science, natural sciences, sustainability, engineering or in a related discipline with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in the natural resources sector or a similar field
- Minimum 10 years industry experience in a supervisory operations discipline role in the oil and gas industry
- Proven Project management experience and ability to work with governments to deliver to timelines
- Significant experience managing delivery partners, external consultants and government partners
How To Submit An Application
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED