There is an Open Position At the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP). The organization needs a UNEP Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) – Vulnerable Twenty (V20) Sustainable Insurance Facility (SIF) Regional Expert – Africa & Middle East.
Under the direction and supervision of the PSI Programme Leader and while working directly with the V20 SIF Global Coordinator, the Consultant will manage the activities of the SIF Project Office in Africa & the Middle East, including liaising with the V20 Secretariat, donors and partner organisations.
See Also: Job Announcement At WACSI
The Consultant will develop demand-driven proposals and projects for climate-smart risk transfer for MSMEs, gaining the endorsement of relevant V20 finance ministries with the support of SIF, PSI, and V20. Projects will be based on scoping missions, in-country consultations with key stakeholders, and field missions in support of needs-based project design. Consultant will have a hands-on role from concept development to financing by a third-party.
The Consultant will also engage in regional and international forums relevant to climate-smart insurance for MSMEs and streamline SIF implementation activities within the international implementation architecture, including the members of the InsuResilience Program Alliance.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in risk management, insurance, finance, business, development economics, environmental/sustainability issues, international relations, or related fields.
- A first-level university degree in combination with at least nine (9) years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Check Also: Latest Job Opening At AmaliTech
- At least seven (7) of progressively responsible experience in the insurance industry and related organisations, including proven knowledge and expertise in developing and promoting non-life sustainable insurance strategies, products and solutions in developing countries in the global south, encompassing climate and disaster risk insurance, inclusive insurance, microinsurance, and/or insurance for low and zero-emission technologies. Expertise in renewable energy and/or energy efficiency topics is advantageous.
- Prior experience at the international level is advantageous. Proven experience in project management and stakeholder engagement is required.
Special knowledge and skills:
- The successful candidate should have strong analytical and programme management skills, excellent spoken and written communication skills; should be able to carry out manage multiple projects and activities in an organised and timely manner;
- Should be a team player and able to communicate and interact effectively with various internal and external stakeholders in the private and public sectors, across multiple cultural and professional backgrounds.
Core skills & experience
- Working experience in Africa & Middle East required and within insurance industry preferred
- Experience acquiring collaboration partners (aka business development), preparing work programs (aka business plans), and launching new initiatives strongly preferred
- Experience leading a project consortium, start-up, or organization strongly preferred
- Good understanding of financial statements, forecasts, and budgets preferred
- Knowledge of digital and mobile channels and their business models preferred
- Experience working with development and public sector actors preferred
- Experience as a self-starter in a multicultural team required
- Willingness to challenge existing methods and establish fresh approach required
- Send West Africa Job Opening
- Career at Canadian Feed the Children
- Career Opportunity At Buwelo Ghana
How To Foward An Application For UNEP’s Open Position
Put in an application by tapping on this Tab
Application Window: 7th December, 2022 – 20th December, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED