The International Water Management Institute (IWMI), is running an ongoing job recruitment. IWMA is a CGIAR Research Center is looking for a detail-oriented, self-motivated, and dynamic team-player to join IWMI’s West Africa Office in Accra, Ghana as Research Officer – Social Scientist.
Under the supervision of the Country Representative, the research officer will contribute to the Aquatic Foods initiative and to the National Policies and Strategy initiative. The successful candidate will contribute to socio-economic survey design, implementation and analysis related to multifunctional landscapes and food, land and water policies.
Check Also: Job Advertisement At TOLDOIT
- Contribute to the implementation of Aquatic Foods initiative research activities in Ghana and especially the deployment of aquatic food production in small reservoirs pilots;
- Contribute to research on the socio-economic and environmental assessment of multifunctional systems interventions and investments (ex: aquatic food production in small reservoirs);
- Contribute to the analysis of food, land and water policies and institutional landscape in Nigeria;
- Design and conduct primary and secondary data collation, literature synthesis, qualitative interviews, and other research activities;
- Contribute to data analysis, policy analysis, and statistical analysis;
- Contribute to scientific publications, policy briefs, research papers, case studies, reports, presentations and other forms of science outputs and more general materials for dissemination to wider policy and public audiences;
- Contribute to the curation of content and dissemination of communication products on various social media;
- Contribute towards impact documentation;
- Engage with national partners and in multi-stakeholder platforms.
Minimum Educational Qualification And Experience:
- Master in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Public Policy, Public Finance, Development Studies, Gender Sociology or closely related social science field.
- Minimum two years of relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:
- Excellent skills for social sciences research and demonstrated ability to perform in-depth analysis of quantitative and qualitative data and report the results;
- Experienced in conducting in-depth and systematic literature reviews and synthesis of academic publications, research reports, policies, etc;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and to work in a team-oriented multi-cultural environment;
- Confidence speaking in English and strong written English skills;
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams and build strong working relationships with a range of key stakeholders, especially in government agencies, national universities, international agencies, media, and civil society organizations;
- Advanced knowledge of all main MS Office applications;
- Capacity to manage a workload comprising multiple tasks and to deliver high quality outputs on time, whilst ensuring attention to detail.
This is a nationally recruited position and only candidates who are eligible to work in Ghana will be considered. The duration of the contract will initially be for a period of two years with the possibility of extension.
You Might Also Like:
- Career Update At Abt Associates
- Careers at Newmont Mining Corporation
- Career Possibilities At Harvest Plus
How Submit An Application For The Ongoing Job Recruitment At IWMI
Apply for this job by clicking on this Link
Closing Date: 18th December, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED