There are always exciting Careers at Newmont Mining Corporation. The mining company is hiring an Environmental Officer.
About This Role:
- To coordinate all environmental aspects relating to environmental monitoring, to ensure all related environmental policies, procedures and standards, Ghanaian laws and regulations as well as Newmont Environmental Standards are complied with at all times.
- Actively demonstrate the Newmont values of safety, integrity, sustainability, inclusion and responsibility at all times.
Check Also: SHS/Degree Jobs At UNDP
In This Role You Will:
General Environmental Monitoring
- Develop and implement water and non-water monitoring programs to satisfy and environmental standards required by Newmont and regulatory authorities.
- Conduct environmental monitoring activities for air, water, noise, blast / vibration and meteorology.
- Analyse data and report non-compliances to the Environment Superintendent for immediate investigation.
- Verify that the quality control procedures of the monitoring program are implemented.
- Assess ongoing monitoring requirements and propose adjustments or amendments to such.
Environmental Inspections and Audits
- Conduct job hazard analyses of activities, and ascertain whether to continue with the activity or to terminate it.
- Assist in the site visits of the Environmental Protection Agency, Mineral Commission, Water Resources Commission and / or other (regulatory) agency officials for conducting environmental inspections and audits, as well as third party auditors.
View Also: Exciting Opportunities At Ghana Nuts Company
- Manage the activities of the on-site environmental laboratory.
- Provide verification that all samples are received and either analysed or dispatched to the external laboratory.
- Assist the project team in baseline monitoring and related studies tied to collected data.
Environmental Stakeholder Engagement
- Provide environmental input for company meetings, review and reports.
- Address and coordinate emerging environmental issues through engaging in meetings and other forums.
- Contribution to Newmont’s Zero Harm goal of Newmont with focus on quality safety interactions, inspections, audits, risk assessments & impact mitigation and control systems.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- First degree in Environmental Science, Engineering or related fields.
- Knowledge of Ghanaian Environmental Regulations as they apply to mining.
- Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Officer Competency in Minerals and Mining (Health, Safety and Technical) Regulation (LI2182).
- Thorough understanding of Environment Management Systems.
- Minimum of 3 years’ environmental management experience working in the mining or related industrial operations environments.
- Experienced working with ISO4001 or similar Environmental Management Systems.
See Also: SHS Graduate Job Vacancy At Anglogold
- Advanced interpersonal skills (interacting with diverse functional and cultural backgrounds).
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Strong reporting skills.
- Strong planning, prioritizing and coordination skills.
- Strong assessment skills.
- Strong auditing skills (environmental auditing).
- Sound change management skills.
- Sound computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
You Might Also Like:
- Job Vacancy At British International Investment
- New Job Posting At Ericsson
- Job Announcement At NTU International
How To Submit An Application For Newmont Mining Corporation‘s Careers
To apply, click on this Link
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED