Newmont Mining Corporation is advertising a new Career Opportunity. The company is hiring a General Foreman – Support Equipment. The role will coordinate and lead the efforts of a maintenance team to deliver scheduled and unscheduled maintenance services to ensure the safe and reliable performance of all support equipment and light vehicles to ensure optimal operational performance and mining production.
Responsibilities For Newmont Mining Corporation‘s New Career
- Oversee compliance with all Health, Safety and Loss Prevention (HSLP), Environment and Social Responsibility requirements under Newmont’s Integrated Management System, Newmont vision, Government of Ghana Agencies, lending institutions, shareholders’ interests, and values.
- Ensure that equipment isolations are performed in accordance to established procedures.
- Supervise / coordinate the development and updating of all maintenance strategies and budgets for mine maintenance production assets and facilities.
- Ensure that the required support contracts are professionally developed and implemented according to company standards and policies.
- Provide input into the development and implementation of policies and procedures that result in optimum effectiveness, productivity and operating cost.
- Conduct and complete incident / accident investigations and take corrective action to prevent injury and / or re-occurrence.
- Ensure that security procedures are followed in order to minimize the opportunities for theft of equipment bearing material or company property.
- Report on standard maintenance measures that are directly related to the production fleets – namely, availability, mean repair duration, mean time between maintenance, component usage and cost (actual versus budget) on a monthly basis.
- Assist in capital evaluation of projects.
- Provide input into the production of Mine Maintenance monthly report.
- Review and update departmental procedures and policies, administer discipline, enforce company policy, and ensure compliance with state, federal, or other jurisdictional laws.
- Develop the operations Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), management plans and operating procedures, guidelines.
- Develop and implement efficient and cost-effective uses for new technologies.
Recommended: JHS/SHS Job Opportunities At Melcom Ghana
Health, Safety and Environment
- Monitor adherence to Safety, Environmental, and Social Responsibility policies. Create a suitable work environment to motivate staff, employees and contractors to achieve optimum effectiveness, productivity and operating costs.
- Accept personal responsibility for the health and safety of every employee under or assigned to his / her supervision.
- Respond to emergencies that could cause injury to personnel or loss to production.
- Conduct periodic safety meetings and inspections.
- Attend monthly safety inspections and meetings.
- Supervise allocated staff member(s) by:
- prioritizing and allocating tasks / responsibilities.
- checking and controlling the quality of work outputs.
- providing on-the-job training, mentoring and coaching.
- performing the performance appraisal.
- recommending further / relevant training courses and development actions.
- disciplining poor performance or actions
- approving leave.
- enhancing communication with staff through regular feedback, contact, meetings and briefings, etc
Mine Maintenance Planning
- Manage the following key planning activities:
- Optimizing standard job plans (resources, parts, tooling, task lists) for routine maintenance activities, based on site experience and OEM input, for all production fleets.
- Uploading and maintenance of all routine maintenance activities (labor, APLs, SJPs, costs, etc.) in SAP and Xeras / AMT.
- Uploading of work orders and requisitions (materials and services) in SAP.
- Confirming that parts and external labor are available prior to releasing work orders.
- Liaising with Supply Chain to expedite external parts and contractor labor suppliers, where necessary.
- Scheduling all routine maintenance activities (work orders) in consultation with Production and Maintenance, including short-term changes to the maintenance schedules based upon Production, Maintenance and Supply requirements.
- Provide quality work packs to the Maintenance Supervisors for all routine maintenance activities to ensure quality and efficient work execution.
- Review all maintenance schedules and coordinate activities with other departments in order to ensure optimal equipment and operation availability to meet production needs.
- Take accountability for ownership of the MOS elements MN04, MN25, MN02, and GE01, which entails:
- responsibility for taking action on identified improvement opportunities to the MOS Element.
- resolving MOS Element non-conformances by direct intervention/coaching wherever possible or referring non-conformances to direct supervisor for resolution if initial efforts are not successful.
- ensuring that all MOS Element documentation is current and approved changes to the MOS Element is communicated to all involved stakeholders.
- inducting new team members in their respective MOS elements.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new maintenance equipment and tools to enhance the capabilities of the maintenance team.
- Evaluate, select, and manage relationships with contractors to minimize costs and ensure the organization receives satisfactory standards of service.
- Ensuring that the reliability team are monitoring, analyzing and reporting on equipment performance, operating practices and reliability to identify improvement opportunities (cost, reliability, capacity) and providing reliability reports as required.
- Reviewing the use of reliability analysis tools including reliability centered maintenance optimization, defect elimination and Root Cause Analysis.
See Also: Job Advert For January 2023 At Wilmar
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including professional registrations):
- Degree in Engineering (Mechanical) or HND / Tech (III) in Mechanical Engineering.
- Engineering Superintendent Certification of competency from the inspectorate division of Minerals Commission, Ghana.
- Thorough knowledge of maintenance principles and industry standards.
- Thorough knowledge of the work management process.
- Advanced knowledge of planning and scheduling.
- Advanced knowledge of the operation of the CMMS (Ellipse / SAP).
- Advanced knowledge of performance measures and their interpretation.
- Advanced knowledge of defect elimination methodologies and their interpretation.
- Minimum ten (10) years’ working experience in equipment / plant maintenance in a large gold mining operation or similar heavy industrial site. Experience with manual and computerized maintenance planning systems.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing large and diverse teams.
- Experience with facility designs and equipment, development and management of MARC agreements, and tire maintenance programs.
Check Also: Job Notice At Australian High Commission
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and ERP/CMMS.
- Advanced information monitoring and management skills.
- Advanced planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Coaching and mentoring skills.
- Conflict management and influencing skills.
- Financial administration, analysis and reporting skills.
- Detail Focused.
- Safety Conscious.
- Pro-active and Takes initiative.
- Results driven.
- Attentive to Detail.
- Team player.
How To Submit An Application For The Career Opportunity At Newmont Mining Corporation
Click on this Tab to apply
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED