The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently open for new job application from interested applicants. They organization is hiring a National Professional Officer (Safety and Security). The role holder works under the supervision of the FAO Representative in Ghana, with the technical guidance of the Chief, Security Services (CSLS) and the Regional Security Adviser (CSLS).
- Provide, in close collaboration with the Field Security Unit at headquarters, advice to the FAO Representative on maintaining the safety and security of FAO personnel, premises and assets, in line with UNSMS and FAO security management policies and guidelines.
- Support the monitoring and implementation, as necessary, of technical security measures as outlined in the Area Security Plan, Security Risk Management (SRM) process document, Residential Security Measures (RSM), Security Risk Compliance Assessments, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and associated documents.
- Support the monitoring of the security situation across the country, support the coordination of security risk assessments for the Country Office and sub-offices and provide the FAO Representative with an independent analysis of emerging security threats to FAO personnel, operations, premises and assets. Facilitate the implementation of recommended prevention and mitigation measures.
- Assist the FAO Decentralized Office in maintaining up-to-date security information, and prepare periodical situation reports, ensuring that the FAO Representative and the Field Security Unit at headquarters are regularly informed of the security situation.
- Prepare Contingency Plans and SOPs for the country office and sub-offices and be instrumental in implementing enhanced security measures.
- Conduct training/briefing on safety and security procedures, including convoy and evacuation procedures, and ensure personnel are familiar with and adhere to security guidelines and precautions.
Don’t Miss This: Fresh Job Post At Unilever Ghana
- Support the implementation of and personnel’s participation in the FAO Emergency Notification System.
- Undertake missions to program sites and assess prevailing local security conditions, identifying security trends, and advise FAO personnel, project personnel and eligible family members of potential security issues.
- Support the planning and coordination of mandatory safety drills in FAO premises at the duty station.
- Support the management of security equipment and personnel, including inventory, the provision of extended training, and the performance of security contractors, guards and security escort personnel, if applicable.
- National of Ghana.
- Advanced university degree in risk or emergency management, social/political science, military science, public administration, law enforcement, law or a related area.
- One year of relevant professional experience in risk management and/or safety and security service in a national security and/or military setting.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of the local language.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Application Process At FAO
Apply By: 5th October, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED