GBfoods Africa advertises Job vacancy for the position of a Mechanical Technician.
Enjoying together around good food”defines the essence of GBfoods, the group that brings together the multi-local reality and the entrepreneurial and innovative spirit that has accompanied the various companies and local brands that shape it since its creation 80 years ago.
Today, with a turnover of around 1 billion euros and a team of 2400 employees, GBfoods is present in Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Russia, CIS Republics, in 30 countries in Africa and the Middle East through prestigious brands as Gallina Blanca, Star, Jumbo, Grand’Italia and Gino.
Mechanical Technician at GBfoods Africa
Role & Responsibilities:
This position will support operations by maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing and optimizing all facilities and manufacturing equipment including but not limited to construction, painting, plumbing, welding, heating/cooling, automation and fire protection systems in a safe and orderly fashion.
This position creates value for the facility by performing preventive and corrective maintenance leading to increased up-time and reliability, thus helping the facility to meet their production and quality goals.
Results / Accountabilities
- Identify, troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and simple electrical problems on plant facilities and production equipment.
- Recognizes and corrects potential equipment failure or unsafe conditions and communicates this to Maintenance Manager.
- Performs welding and fabrication (both stick and gas) in various locations and positions including pipe and structural on various metals for new and existing equipment.
- Responsible for proper care/cleaning of tools, parts, materials and work area
- Responsible for providing coverage in the absence of other Maintenance Technicians.
What can you expect from us?
Working for GBfood will offer you a wide variety of career opportunities that will enable you to utilize your full potential. In addition to local and global developmental opportunities, we provide employees with competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits plan and much more.
What do we expect from you?
We are looking for someone who is committed, action oriented, problem solver and excellent relationship skills, pays attention to detail and is ready to explore the opportunities and challenges that the role brings.
Education and Work Experience:
- HND in appropriate Engineering discipline with experience/competence in Operations, Maintenance, Process Control and Performance Measurement in a brewery or drinks or food manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrate understanding of teamwork principles, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance and problem solving.
- Strong mechanical repair/troubleshooting and metal working skills.
- Must be able to satisfactorily demonstrate proficiency in Machine Repair, Machine Tool Operations, Pipefitting and Welding.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and problem-solving skills with focus on attention to detail
- Be able and willing to work in non-ideal environments
- Strong communicator (both oral & written).
- Job scheduling skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving organizational and personal goals.
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment.
The incumbent should be able to demonstrate the following Competencies:
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Job Ownership
- Priority Setting
- Problem Solving
How To Submit an Application for the GBfoods Africa Mechanical Technician
To Submit an Application, Visit Here
Closing Date : 27th November, 2022
You might also be interested in:
- Fruit Picking Jobs with Visa Sponsorship in Australia 2023
- Massive Graduate Job Recruitment At Lycopodium
- SOS Children’s Villages Job Placement
- Exciting Career Opportunities At T-TEL
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED