Tree Crops Development Authority (TCDA), an Agency under the Ministry of Food and Agriculture, is seeking to recruit suitably qualified, dynamic and accomplished Ghanaian professionals for the following position: Accounts Manager
LOCATION: HEAD OFFICE
RESPONSIBLE TO: CHIEF FINANCE OFFICER (CFO)
RESPONSIBLE FOR: ACCOUNTS OFFICERS
OBJECTIVES OF POSITION
• Plan, direct and control financial resources of TCDA
• Provide over all coordination and supervision of the various activities involved in the management of and reporting on the Financial resources of TCDA
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Advice Deputy Chief Executive Officer (Finance and Administration) on all financial matters of the Authority
• Institute appropriate systems of accounting to maintain proper records and provide guidelines for the maintenance of the systems
• Develop procedures for efficient management of funds by other departments
• Ensure that annual budgets and financial statements are prepared on time for presentation to management
• Consolidate the accounts of the Authority and other departments
• Ensure that statutory financial obligations are discharged
• Prepare and submit periodic financial reports to management
• Submit annual financial performance report to State Interest and Governance Authority (SIGA)
• Organize budget interviews for Heads of Departments/Sections
• Participate in strategic, financial and human resource planning
• Respond to auditors’ comments concerning finances and operations and oversee required action to address deficiencies
• Approve the chart accounts and maintain commitment controls
• Manage investments and reserves
• Supervise immediate subordinates of the Finance Department to ensure that time, quality and other set standards are adhered to.
• Institute good systems of accounting to maintain good records and give directions for the maintenance of the systems.
• Prepare the Annual Master Budget for TCDA.
• Supervise and Monitor developments in the Budget and prepare quarterly management accounts and budgetary performance reports for presentation to management.
• Assist in liaising with Departmental Heads in the collation of information for the preparation of Annual Budgets.
• Supervise the preparation of Financial Reports, analyze and monitor the overall financial position of the Authority to ensure prompt receipt of all receivables and payment of all payables.
• Sign cheques and payment advice.
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned by DCEO (F&A) or Management.
• Interpret conditions of service to and handle problems of immediate subordinates and (where necessary) consults with appropriate departments.
• Appraise the performance of immediate subordinates and review those for lower level subordinates.
• Identify the training needs of immediate subordinates and organize or recommend appropriate training for them
• Administer disciplinary measures to immediate subordinates in accordance with TCDA’s disciplinary code and procedure.
LEVEL OF AUTHORITY
• Give approval of Finance Department staff leave.
• Write confidential reports on Finance Department staff.
• Has limited disbursement authority.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A recognized professional qualification in Accounting, such as CA(Gh), CIMA, ACCA, CPA, or a Master’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent with a minimum of seven (7) years post-qualification working experience.
• Three (3) years satisfactory service as an Accounts Officer.
• Must have sound knowledge of Financial Accounting Techniques, Standards, Rules and Regulations.
• A member of a recognized professional body is an advantage
• Must have analytical skills
• Must be computer literate.
• Must be a person of high integrity, credibility and good interpersonal skills.
How To Apply For The Job
To apply send your application letter and CV to:
Closing Date: 24 September, 2021
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED