Tree Crops Development Authority (TCDA), an Agency under the Ministry of Food and Agriculture, is seeking to recruit suitably qualified, dynamic and accomplished Ghanaian professionals for the following position: Accounts Manager
LOCATION: HEAD OFFICE
RESPONSIBLE TO: CHIEF FINANCE OFFICER (CFO)
RESPONSIBLE FOR: ACCOUNTS OFFICERS
OBJECTIVES OF POSITION
• Plan, direct and control financial resources of TCDA
• Provide over all coordination and supervision of the various activities involved in the management of and reporting on the Financial resources of TCDA
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Advice Deputy Chief Executive Officer (Finance and Administration) on all financial matters of the Authority
• Institute appropriate systems of accounting to maintain proper records and provide guidelines for the maintenance of the systems
• Develop procedures for efficient management of funds by other departments
• Ensure that annual budgets and financial statements are prepared on time for presentation to management
• Consolidate the accounts of the Authority and other departments
• Ensure that statutory financial obligations are discharged
• Prepare and submit periodic financial reports to management
• Submit annual financial performance report to State Interest and Governance Authority (SIGA)
• Organize budget interviews for Heads of Departments/Sections
• Participate in strategic, financial and human resource planning
• Respond to auditors’ comments concerning finances and operations and oversee required action to address deficiencies
• Approve the chart accounts and maintain commitment controls
• Manage investments and reserves
• Supervise immediate subordinates of the Finance Department to ensure that time, quality and other set standards are adhered to.
• Institute good systems of accounting to maintain good records and give directions for the maintenance of the systems.
• Prepare the Annual Master Budget for TCDA.
• Supervise and Monitor developments in the Budget and prepare quarterly management accounts and budgetary performance reports for presentation to management.
• Assist in liaising with Departmental Heads in the collation of information for the preparation of Annual Budgets.
• Supervise the preparation of Financial Reports, analyze and monitor the overall financial position of the Authority to ensure prompt receipt of all receivables and payment of all payables.
• Sign cheques and payment advice.
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned by DCEO (F&A) or Management.
• Interpret conditions of service to and handle problems of immediate subordinates and (where necessary) consults with appropriate departments.
• Appraise the performance of immediate subordinates and review those for lower level subordinates.
• Identify the training needs of immediate subordinates and organize or recommend appropriate training for them
• Administer disciplinary measures to immediate subordinates in accordance with TCDA’s disciplinary code and procedure.
LEVEL OF AUTHORITY
• Give approval of Finance Department staff leave.
• Write confidential reports on Finance Department staff.
• Has limited disbursement authority.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A recognized professional qualification in Accounting, such as CA(Gh), CIMA, ACCA, CPA, or a Master’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent with a minimum of seven (7) years post-qualification working experience.
• Three (3) years satisfactory service as an Accounts Officer.
• Must have sound knowledge of Financial Accounting Techniques, Standards, Rules and Regulations.
• A member of a recognized professional body is an advantage
• Must have analytical skills
• Must be computer literate.
• Must be a person of high integrity, credibility and good interpersonal skills.
How To Apply For The Job
To apply send your application letter and CV to:
Closing Date: 24 September, 2021
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED