A full time career opportunity is available at Abt Associates Abt is currently seeking a qualified Learning and Data Specialist for the Feed the Future Resilience in Northern Ghana Systems Strengthening. This activity focuses on enhancing the ability of all stakeholders to address poor nutrition and weak resilience in northern Ghana. Feed the Future Resilience in Northern Ghana Systems Strengthening will result in sustained improvements in the delivery of local services to achieve measurable improvements in the nutrition and resilience of an estimated 85,000 reproductive-aged women and children under five years old.
The position will be based in Tamale, Ghana.
Recommended: WTO Young Professionals Programme 2024
Under the supervision of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Director, the Learning and Data Specialist is responsible for the maintenance of systems for the adequate, regular, and safe storage of program monitoring data. This may include, but is not limited to the following:
- Create and enforce policies for effective data management.
- Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data.
- Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis with attention to all technical aspects.
- Establish rules and procedures for data sharing with upper management, external stakeholders etc.
- Support others in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to legal and company standards.
- Assist with reports and data extraction when needed.
- Monitor and analyze information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.).
- Ensure digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses.
- Troubleshoot data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications.
- Ensure the data entry procedures are accurate and conducted on time.
- Other duties as required.
Check Also: Graduate Job Recruitment At Transmed
What Abt Associates Value:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 9 years of relevant experience or Master’s Degree and 6 years of experience.
- Degree in computer science, statistics, economics, or a related field.
- Familiarity with modern database and information system technologies, with a strong preference for experience with DHIS2.
- Experience designing and maintaining information systems with data visualization and dashboard development, using technologies such as Tableau or PowerBI.
- Strong understanding of database and data analysis procedures (data collection, analysis, distribution, etc.).
- Expertise in writing SQL statements to query data systems.
- Experience in managing MySQL and similar databases.
- Experience with ODK Collect preferred.
- Three to five years of monitoring and evaluation, experience in agriculture sector is preferable.
- Professional experience in designing M&E and/or database systems preferably on USAID-funded projects.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for data analysis (Excel required, advanced statistical packages such as R, Stata, SPSS, SAS, etc.a plus).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Familiarity with quantitative and qualitative data collection techniques.
- Experience with the development of a web database and integration of mobile data into database systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a minimum of direction and supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, organizational, and computer skills.
- Strong written and spoken English is required.
Other Recommended Posts:
- New Job Placement At Wekplace
- New Job Applications Open At African Union
- ECG To Embark On Disconnection Exercise From Monday
How To Submit An Application For Abt Associates’ Full Time Career Opportunity
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED