The World University Service of Canada (WUSC) has amazing career opportunities. A Project Director is needed at WUSC. Based in a regional project office, the Project Director oversees the strategic and operational implementation of the NBS West Africa Project in all three countries of intervention.. The Project Director manages relationships with key stakeholders, including with national and local Governments, project partners, local partners, the private sector and the funder. The Director will establish a regional project office based in either Abidjan or Accra, and will support smaller project teams in the two other countries of implementation.
Reporting to the Project Steering Committee and the Director, Field Support Services and Francophone West Africa, with a strong line of communication with WUSC and/or CECI Country Directors in Côte D’Ivoire, Ghana and Guinée.
Position location: Abidjan, Côte D’Ivoire or Accra, Ghana
- A graduate degree in international development, forestry, business administration, gender or other relevant area.
- Specialized training in Nature-based solutions (NBS) or gender equality would be an advantage.
Check Also: Old Mutual New Job Notice
Experience and Competencies
- A minimum of fifteen years of progressively more responsible assignments related to management of development initiatives;
- Proven knowledge of and commitment to Gender Equality;
- Knowledge and experience in climate adaptation, forestry and/or nature based solutions.
- Proven experience engaging the private sector in development programming;
- Demonstrated capacity to work in cross-sectoral collaboration;
- Experience managing technical advisors considered an asset;
- Experience working with international development donor agencies;
- Knowledge of Results Based Management (RBM) and environmental and gender policies and reporting requirements;
- Proven technical, financial, administrative and organizational skills;
- Knowledge of donor financial and narrative reporting procedures and requirements;
- Proven experience managing a large, multi-disciplinary and international team of staff;
- Diplomatic skills and the knowledge of cross-cultural, inter-personal communication;
- Proven experience of adaptability to a challenging and constantly changing environment requiring iterative planning on a regular basis;
- Experience in capacity building with local partner organizations and a commitment to a participatory partnership approach to development.
Recommended: PZ Cussons Graduate Programme 2023
- Complete fluency, oral and written, in French and English
How To Submit An Application The Career Opportunity At World University Service of Canada
Application deadline: February 27, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED