There is a new fresh job vacancy at West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI). WACSI is seeking a dynamic and visionary individual to join our team as the Head of the Communication Unit. In this pivotal role, you will lead and drive our communication efforts, spearheading the implementation of our strategic communication plans to effectively engage stakeholders and enhance the visibility and impact of WACSI’s mission. As the Head of the Communication Unit, you will play a key role in shaping our narrative, promoting our programs and initiatives, and ensuring the seamless integration of digital technologies to maximise our outreach and achieve our organisational goals.
- Manage the brand, including brand integrity and visibility across the organisation, and West Africa.
- Facilitate learning and sharing through various electronic and social media tools.
- Manage, design, edit and publish the institution’s print and electronic communications including newsletters, annual reports, advocacy alerts, research reports, Op-Eds and other publications.
- Manage strategy, design, and content development for the institution’s website and digital
- Train staff on branding and messaging standards.
- Supervise the storytelling efforts of the company to tell the right stories to stakeholders.
- Serve as quality control and editor on print materials and website.
- Manage the promotion and marketing of the company’s capacity building courses and TechSoup offerings.
- Manage, and strategize, and monitor all their social media platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Facebook.
- Track progress and effectiveness of communications related activities and share results for continuous improvement.
- Lead in the coordination and support of various communications projects needed
Public & Media Relations
- Promote WACSI to the non-profit sector, the private sector, policymakers, and the public, particularly across West Africa.
- Media and Public Relations
- Develop and manage content, messaging, and storytelling about WACSI for internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and carry out media strategy, including developing and driving media calendar, media relations and tracking press coverage across West Africa.
- Act as a key liaison between WACSI and media contacts throughout West Africa.
- Promote WACSI and its staff in the media.
- Support and coordinate with key events and other programmes.
- Represent the organisation at events, which may include some travel throughout West Africa.
Also See: Job Opportunity At Hapag-Lloyd AG
Qualification and Requirements Experience:
- Degree in Communication or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience.
- Experience working in the non-profit sector preferred.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral).
- Good knowledge of English and French languages (oral and written).
- Strong project planning, critical thinking and problem solving; self-motivated and self-directed.
- Good knowledge and interest in the use of technology for social change.
- Skilled in visual design.
- Experience with design software.
- Proficient in using social media, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Strong networking and relationship management skills.
- Good understanding of digital marketing concepts and best practices.
- Ability to lead teams and collaborate with other teams.
How To Submit A Job Application To WACSI
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED