There is a Fresh Job Opportunity At Newmont Mining Corporation. A Supply Chain Regional Director – Ghana is needed at this reputable mining company.
- Develop/approve the regional policy related to all SC functions and verify that it is consistent with global policies and procedures
- Instruct & lead all SC functional areas, including the targets, metrics, key performance indicators, service levels and savings targets for the region
- Secure supply of critical / strategic commodities and value creation for Newmont through a strategic sourcing approach
- Approve annual targets set for Strategic Sourcing, Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) savings and other savings initiatives
- Administer risk of contracting strategies with suppliers / service providers / contractors
- Ensure sourcing and procurement needs of Operations are delivered in a cost-effective manner, in compliance with global / regional goals and in accordance with Newmont values
- Operate the function’s budgeting process and administer budgets by forecasting costs and monitoring expenditure to ensure cost control
Working conditions & location
- The position is located at the Regional office in Accra and will regularly travel nationally to the mine sites with some international travel to the Denver Head Office.
- Extended and unexpected hours is the norm.
Your training, skills & experience checklist
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Accounting or related field required plus formal registration with an appropriate professional body / association plus a MBA or equivalent qualification.
- Internationally recognized professional qualification in Supply Chain Management preferred such as CIPS (UK) or IACCM (USA).
- Substantial knowledge of gold mining or broader hard rock mining with an extensive understanding of operations and projects.
- Substantial knowledge of the market dynamics related to the gold mining industry.
- Broad business knowledge and focus, ability to recognize issues, problems and capitalize on opportunities.
- Sound knowledge of global economic, social, competitive and political trends.
- Between 12 – 15 years’ experience in SC in international mining environments or other related sectors with 7-10 years of senior supply chain leadership experience with multi-functional, broad-based SC responsibilities, which should ideally include multi-site operations.
- Validated successes in attracting and retaining a high-performing and diversified leadership team, creating a teamwork environment built on coaching, development and accountability for achieving results.
See Also: Employment Opportunity At Hapag-Lloyd AG
Skills and Abilities:
- Business acumen and commercial management skills.
- Business continuity management skills.
- Business planning and organizing skills.
- Conflict and change management skills.
- Financial analysis and management skills.
- Negotiation, networking and service management skills.
- Performance-driven management skills.
- Strategic decision-making, problem-solving and thinking skills.
- Strategic management, leadership, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Strategic relationship management skills.
- Strategic collaboration, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Supply Chain Management.
- Highly robust, ethical standards.
- Analytical thinking.
- Confident, influential and persuasive.
- Credibility and integrity.
- Diversity management.
- Environmental scan.
- Results oriented and pro-active.
- Innovative and inspirational.
- Persistent and resilient.
- Results and quality driven / focused.
- Safety conscious.
How To Submit An Application For Newmont’s Fresh Job Opportunity
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED