The service of a Finance Officer – Bank Reconciliation at AfCFTA. You will provide frontline operational support for the maintenance of accurate and complete cash balances in the general ledger and trial balances in line with the AU financial rules and regulations and International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) at the division.
- Leads the investigation and follow up of all outstanding items on bank reconciliation statements and report to the Principal Accounting and reporting Officer;
- Supervises and analytically identify old and irrecoverable amounts on bank reconciliation and advise how best to resolve them;
- Provides monthly summary of bank reconciliations for review by Principal Accounting and reporting Officer in addition, verify the reliability and accuracy of bank balances in the general ledger and trial balances;
- Works closely with Financial Management Unit at AfCFTA and ensure that adequate internal controls are maintained in the opening and closing of new and old bank accounts;
- Monitors bank charges and all banking activities in order to detect irregularities and fraud;
- Participates in statutory and special audits of African Union Commission;
- Liaises with the Finance officer in charge of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payables to investigate and correct long outstanding balances posted from bank reconciliation;
- Ensures that cash balances are accounted for in accordance with IPSAS;
- Ensures the timely reconciliation of Bank Accounts;
- Maintains accurate and complete cash balances in the general ledger and trial balances in line with the AU financial rules and regulations and International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS)
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, auditing, Finance or related field with 5 years of relevant work experience in a national or international organization OR Master’s Degree in accounting, auditing, Finance or related field with a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in a national or international organization.
- A professional qualification such as CPA, CA, ACCA, CIMA, Expert Comptable or equivalent is an added advantage.
- Hands-on experience in preparing bank reconciliation is required.
- Experience with financial systems/finance module of enterprise resource planning (ERP) such as SAP or similar ERP is required.
- Experience with IPSAS/IFRS in a large organization is highly desirable.
- Experience in handling internal or external audits.
- Proven experience in processing payments using ERP preferably SAP.
How To Submit An Application For AFCFTA’s Role: Finance Officer
Closure Date: June 30, 2023.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED