Jhpiego is looking for a finance officer to help work and boost the company with hardwork and intellect.
RISE is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and USAID—that works with countries to achieve a shared vision of attaining and maintaining epidemic control, with stronger local partners capable of managing and achieving results through sustainable, self-reliant and resilient health systems. The project is led by Jhpiego with the following partners: ICAP at Columbia University, Management Sciences for Health, Anova, BAO Systems, Johns Hopkins University Centre for Public Health and Human Rights, and Mann Global Health.
With funding from the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), RISE is working in selected countries, including Ghana, to address the COVID-19 pandemic. In line with the ministry of health priorities, the project is planning to rollout national vaccination plans, including ensuring health care workers are prepared to implement and monitor this plan; providing focused and clinically relevant capacity building for clinicians providing COVID-19 case management.
The Finance Officer At Jhpiego
We are currently looking for dynamic individuals to fill the following positions:
- Finance Officer
- Duration: 1 year
- Job Location: Accra
The effective operation of the company’s Finance function.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures timely completion of all transactions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintains accurate accounts of the transactions of the company.
- Properly completes all transactions authorized by the Director of Finance and Administration in accordance with laid down processes and procedures.
- Prepares periodic financial statements and supports notes in accordance with the policies of the company.
- Prepares financial commentary with regards to the quarterly financial statements (variance and profitability analyses).
- Assists with the preparation and tracking of budget.
- Ensures that payment vouchers are filled on a timely basis.
- Reviews travel expense reports from staff for entry into QBE.
- Ensures that financial documents are stamped ‘paid’ on a timely basis.
- Reviews all financial documents to ensure laid down processes before processing them for payment.
- Oversees the filing of all MCSP VAT photocopy for VRPO and submits monthly to DFA for review and processing.
- Follows up on VRPO and withholding tax certificates from appropriate agencies
- Reviews both electronic and hard copy filing of all FAA reports.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Skills and Experience
- A good first degree in Business Administration, Accounting or its equivalent.
- Part-professional qualification in Accounting, from recognized professional Accounting bodies i.e. ICA, ACCA.
- Significant knowledge and working experience in Accounting/Financial Management.
- Knowledge of Financial Management practices in Ghana.
- Knowledge of Office Processes and Procedures.
- At least 1 – 3 years post-qualification experience.
- Report writing, facilitation, presentation skills required.
- Knowledge and experience of QBE essential.
Finance Officer Application Process At Jhpiego
Qualified persons are required to send their applications to GH-Recruitments@jhpiego.org
Deadline for the submission of applications: March 7, 2022
Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED