District Team Lead/Focal Person At Jhpiego. Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years and in over 155 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families.
Jhpiego Corporation in Ghana has been providing technical support to the Ministry of Health and Ghana Health Service for the past 40 years in a variety of technical areas including cervical cancer treatment and prevention, community health, HIV and AIDS, maternal and newborn health, health workforce capacity development (both pre-service and in-service), family planning, malaria, and IPC/WASH.
District Team Lead/Focal Person At Jhpiego
POSITION: District Team Lead/Focal Person
RISE is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and USAID—that works with countries to achieve a shared vision of attaining and maintaining epidemic control, with stronger local partners capable of managing and achieving results through sustainable, self-reliant and resilient health systems. The project is led by Jhpiego with the following partners: ICAP at Columbia University, Management Sciences for Health, Anova, BAO Systems, Johns Hopkins University Centre for Public Health and Human Rights, and Mann Global Health.
With funding from the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), RISE is working in selected countries, including Ghana, to address the COVID-19 pandemic. In line with the ministry of health priorities, the project is planning to rollout national vaccination plans, including ensuring health care workers are prepared to implement and monitor this plan; providing focused and clinically relevant capacity building for clinicians providing COVID-19 case management.
We are currently looking for dynamic individuals to fill the following positions:
- District Team Lead/Focal Person
- Duration: 6 months
- Job Locations: Greater Accra, Ashanti, Eastern, Central, Volta, Bono, and Bono East Regions
District Team Lead/Focal Person At Jhpiego
This position is responsible for coordinating and supervising RISE project activities including vaccine roll out at the district level in four priority districts in collaboration with the DHMTs. The Team Lead will be directly involved in supporting all vaccine and case management activities implemented at the district level. The position entails frequent travel within and outside the district. The district Team Lead is responsible for maintaining cordial relationships with MOH and other partners at the district level as well as maintaining open communication with the Jhpiego office. The District Team Lead will supervise all RISE personnel in the district. The position reports directly to RISE Technical Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts technical orientation and mentorship to new RISE employees.
- Ensures effective and efficient use of resources for RISE project at the district level.
- Manages staff allocation, schedules audits, and performs other administrative duties.
- Develops plans together with the DHMT for COVAX Immunization roll out at MOH fixed, outreach sites, health posts, mobile services, and other immunization points.
- Conducts supervision for the vaccination team in collaboration with the DHMT, using the approved checklist.
- Works closely with RISE staff in the district including M&E and demand creation.
- Liaises with DHMT and health center focal points to ensure that COVAX vaccinations are implemented according to set standards.
- Ensures the data that is generated is of good quality and is analyzed and reports are submitted timely to inform the project.
- Works with the DHMT to ensure strategies meant to strengthen vaccination are strengthened at all levels and targets met.
- Supports clinical training of RISE staff and district MOH counterparts.
- Represents Jhpiego at district-level meetings and share progress at district quarterly PHC meetings.
- Ensures adverse events following immunization are reported and documented.
- Together with the team, ensures that:
- tools are filled properly at all times for quality data management;
- AE following immunization are reported and documented;
- availability of emergency drugs at vaccination points.
- Works closely with the district mobilizers to ensure optimal demand creation for the vaccine.
- Ensures regular team meetings and proper documentation of minutes.
- Ensures an effective inventory system for supplies, drugs, and equipment.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Required Skills or Experience
- A good first degree in Nursing.
- Valid registration with the Ghana Registered Nursing Association.
- Minimum of 4 years relevant work experience.
- Experience in HIV counseling, VMMC, and PrEP.
- Excellent problem-solving, decision-making, organizational, and communication skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work effectively in a demanding environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Computer Skills, including MS Office Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Willingness to travel across the country.
HOW TO APPLY – District Team Lead/Focal Person At Jhpiego
Qualified persons are required to send their applications to GH-Recruitments@jhpiego.org
Deadline for the submission of applications: March 7, 2022
- Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED