Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Assistant At Jhpiego.
RISE is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and USAID—that works with countries to achieve a shared vision of attaining and maintaining epidemic control, with stronger local partners capable of managing and achieving results through sustainable, self-reliant and resilient health systems. The project is led by Jhpiego with the following partners: ICAP at Columbia University, Management Sciences for Health, Anova, BAO Systems, Johns Hopkins University Centre for Public Health and Human Rights, and Mann Global Health.
With funding from the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), RISE is working in selected countries, including Ghana, to address the COVID-19 pandemic. In line with the ministry of health priorities, the project is planning to rollout national vaccination plans, including ensuring health care workers are prepared to implement and monitor this plan; providing focused and clinically relevant capacity building for clinicians providing COVID-19 case management.
We are currently looking for dynamic individuals to fill the following positions:
- Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Assistant
- Duration: 6 months
- Job Locations: Greater Accra, Ashanti, Eastern, Central, Volta, Bono, and Bono East Regions
Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Assistant At Jhpiego
The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will provide support to COVID-19 Vaccination teams including support for data collection, data entry, information management, and reporting, and research and evaluation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops systems for monitoring COVID-19 Vaccination.
- Provides technical assistance to health facilities in the application of COVID-19 Vaccination tools, aggregating, and reporting.
- Oversees data entry into COVID-19 Vaccination database (DHIS2), conducts data cleaning exercises, and conducts analysis on the dataset.
- Maintains the COVID-19 Vaccination database, creating backups and exporting files.
- Prepares COVID-19 Vaccination data for program use, including preparing reports or presentations, giving feedback, overseeing data management, and other support to the data management process as needed.
- Provides technical input into program evaluation or research projects and oversees implementation.
- Oversee data entry into APR, SAPR, and JRISE for the COVID-19 Vaccination programs
- Generates and contributes to quarterly or other reports for COVID-19 vaccination programs.
- Coordinates research activities with the Ministry of Health.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics/Demography or any relevant qualification is required.
- At least 2 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- Proven leadership skills and expertise in management and coordination of health programs and program staff.
- Knowledge of Government of Ghana health systems structure, interventions and priorities.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated experience contributing to the management and coordination of a donor-funded initiative.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Excellent computer skills (Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Internet, E-mail).
- Experience working on DHIS2 is an added advantage.
- Ability and willingness to travel across the regions.
HOW TO APPLY – Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Assistant At Jhpiego
Qualified persons are required to send their applications to GH-Recruitments@jhpiego.org
Deadline for the submission of applications: March 7, 2022
Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
You can also check:
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED