4Ward Development West Africa is currently searching for a Facility Maintenance Officer (FMO). S/he will report to the Sales, Marketing & Product Manager.
- Under the supervision of the Sales and Marketing Manager, the FMO will supervise water treatment, storage and distribution within the sachet water production unit.
- He/She will ensure the plant’s operations are compliant with state regulation and supervise teams of staff including cleaning, loading
assistants and security.
- He / She will implement new policies, oversee machine maintenance, and also ensure that the facility meets government regulations, health and security standards.
- Additionally, the FMO will also manage the day-to-day interaction with customers including vendors and stakeholders and will work closely with the Sales and Distribution Officer on other activities carried out by the Products Department.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensuring the facility is well-maintained and conducting proactive maintenance.
- Ensure production processes run reliably and efficiently.
- Planning and organizing production schedules timely.
- Ensure finished products are sent to the warehouse.
- Ensure health and safety regulations are strictly adhered to and the facility meets compliance standards and government regulations.
- Maintaining inventory of supplies and ordering supplies needed for packaged water production, budgeting, and planning by forecasting the facility’s upcoming needs and requirements.
- Supervising teams of staff across different divisions and the work of the junior staff in the production unit.
- Generate weekly and monthly production reports.
- Carry out routine production equipment repairs and maintenance.
- Carry out in-house training for bagging machine operator staff.
- Any other assignment as may be given from time to time.
Key Expected Results
- Competent writing and communication skills: The ability to communicate technical information.
- Procurement and negotiation: The ability to liaise with vendors, have procurement knowledge, and be cost-saving oriented
- Relationship-building: Customer, staff, and stakeholder relationship management.
- Time management skills: The ability to prioritize production schedules, multi-task, and be time efficient.
- Teamwork, leadership, and motivational skills: The ability to organize, manage and motivate the team to ensure productivity and service excellence.
- Report Writing: Effective and accurate sales/maintenance reports being produced on a timely basis.
Check Also: Job Post At Glovo Ghana
Qualification Required & Experience:
- Minimum qualification of BSc/BA in Facility Management, Engineering, Business Administration, Logistics, and Operations, or a relevant field.
- At least 2 years of experience in a facility/maintenance support-related role is required.
- The ideal candidate must have a MINDSET of an entrepreneur.
Skills and competencies
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams.
- Should take a strategic approach to the planning and management of tasks.
- Data analytical minded with knowledge of the use of computers, preferably in a PC, or Windows-based operating environment, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to understand and follow, enforce specific instructions and safety procedures.
- Well-versed in facility management best practices.
- Knowledge of basic accounting, records maintenance skills, and finance principles.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Proficiency in local dialects of the assigned area (Fante or Twi) required.
- Work Environment
- Office Environment; Must live in Daboase, Takoradi, and surrounding areas.
- Physical Demands – Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 10 pounds. The total working hours in a week is 40 hours. Should work be done during evenings and weekends, the FMO will be compensated with an equal amount of time off.
- Travel Requirements: Minimal travel is required for this role
Location: Daboase – Takoradi
Application Guide For The Position: Facility Maintenance Officer
Qualified applicants should forward a copy of their current CV, cover letter, and references to: HR@4ward.co
Closing Date: 10th July, 2023
Only shortlisted persons will be contacted
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED