The service of a Sales & Distribution Officer (SDO) is needed at 4Ward Development West Africa. The incumbent will report to the Sales, Marketing & Product Manager.
- Under the supervision of the Sales and Marketing Manager, the Sales & Distribution Officer will be responsible for managing the distribution of goods or products from the factory to customers or stores.
- He/She will plan and execute delivery schedules, manage warehouse and transportation, and oversee distribution operations as well as handle sales channels and identify opportunities for sales and expansion.
- Additionally, the SDO will also conduct market research and analysis to evaluate trends, brand awareness and competition ventures. Manage the day-to-day interaction with customers including other stakeholders and will work closely with the Facility Maintenance Officer on other activities carried out by the Product Department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Overseeing and developing marketing campaigns and promotions.
- Conducting research and analyzing data to identify and define audiences.
- Devising and presenting ideas and strategies for review by management
- Ensure that both monthly and weekly targets are achieved.
- Gather feedback from customers or prospects and share with internal teams.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the full sales cycle, from negotiating/closing deals and handling complaints or objections.
- Grow distribution width and depth in the designated sales area.
- Develop chart distribution/delivery route maps and schedules within allocated territories.
- Ensure proper visibility and availability of packaged water products in the assigned territory
- Build customer loyalty and retention through delivering innovations, customer focused and valueadded solutions based on the principles of mutual benefit.
- Up-sell other products and secondary placements to penetrate new territories and retailers.
- Spearheads the preparation and presentation of client proposals and all client presentations
- Generate weekly & monthly reports and manage the customer database.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Key Expected Results:
- Relationship-building: Customer, staff, and stakeholder relationship management.
- Time management skills: The ability to prioritize, multi-task, and be time efficient.
- Teamwork, leadership, and motivational skills: The ability to organize, manage and motivate the team to ensure productivity and excellence.
- Report Writing: Effective and accurate sales/distribution reports being produced on a timely basis
Also View: Job Notice At The Coca-Cola Company
Qualification Required & Experience
- Minimum qualification of BSc/BA in Marketing, Supply Chain, Business Administration, Logistics, and Operations, or a relevant field.
- At least 2 years of experience in a channel sales/supply chain-related role is required.
- The ideal candidate must have a MINDSET of an entrepreneur.
Skills and competencies
- Should take a strategic approach to the planning and management of tasks.
- Strong mindset for continuous improvement and meeting or exceeding expectations and able to demonstrate complete discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written/ interpersonal communication skills with an ability to build relationships with people at all levels
- Demonstrate problem-solving capability – the ability to create win-win situation while deriving desired numbers and outcome
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to multitask efficiently.
- Proficiency in English and local dialects of the assigned area (Fante or Twi) required.
- Work Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment; Must live in Daboase, Takoradi, and surrounding areas.
- Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day. The total working hours in a week is 40 hours. Should work be done during evenings and weekends, the SDO will be compensated with an equal amount of time off.
- Travel Requirements: Some travel is required for this role.
Location: Daboase – Takoradi
How To Send Your Application For The Role: Sales & Distribution Officer
Qualified applicants should forward a copy of their current CV, cover letter, and references to:
Closing Date: 10th July, 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED