There is an Exciting SHS Job Opportunity At UNDP. The organization is in search of a Security Operation Centre Assistant/Driver.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the immediate supervision of the Security Advisor (SA), the Security Operation Assistant/Driver shall be responsible for the following duties:
Security Operation Centre
- Serving in shift-system at a 24/7 SOC which maintains a radio and telephone communication regime with all UN staff in the Area of Operation;
- Receive, process, record and pass all security related information to the appropriate quarters through the normal communication channels;
- Inform the Supervisors immediately of any incident/accident;
- Maintain communication link with the security agencies (police and military) with a view to providing the necessary assistance to UN staff members and receiving updated information on security matters;
- Register and forward all e-mail messages and messages deposited during working and off-duty hours;
- Accurately identify exact location/grid references of all incident/accidents and pass information to the Supervisors and the police;
- Maintain both electronic and manual register;
- Brief the incoming duty security operation assistant on all events, especially pending cases for which action is to be taken;
- Perform radio checks, as directed by the SA/ASC/Local Security Assistant (LSA) and Security Operation Centre Supervisor;
- Maintain up-to-date records of all security section supplies;
- Conduct residence security surveys.
See Also: Amazing Job Offer At Movenpick Hotel
- When required, he/she will assist police during investigations in all security related incidents involving UN staff;
- Provide relevant assistance to visiting staff members requiring assistance through radio or telephone channels;
- Keep the SA /ASC / LSA and Security Operation Centre Supervisor informed of any information or incident that could have a bearing on the security of staff and property;
- Prepare and conduct security briefings.
Security Communication Equipment
- Ensure that all communication equipment (i.e. VHF and HF radios, fax mobile and land-line phones) are in perfect working conditions before the start of duty.
- Assist with preparation of UN IDS and Access badges when on day shift;
- Driving office vehicle for the transport of UNDSS staff on missions/field trips and delivery and collection of documents and other items;
- Log official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, greasing, servicing done and keeps a logbook up to date;
- Daily Maintenance record of the office vehicle;
- Logbooks record as monthly record and report;
- Office car is maintained in the good mechanical working conditions;
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the SA/ASC/LSA and Security Operation Centre Supervisor.
See Also: January 2023 Job At Airpro Ghana
Required Skills and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent (SHS)
- Solid computers skills (MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint);
- Ability to drive long distances with good knowledge of Ghana Road Map
- Prior experience with the UN system or an international NGO is required.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel
- Physically fit
- 4 years of experience in the field of work
- 1 year of experience in telecommunication
- 4 years of experience in driving
Desired additional skills:
- Knowledge in Vehicle Maintenance is desirable.
Required Language(s) (at working level):
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in Ghanaian language is required.
- Official Reopening Dates for KNUST Students 2022/2023
- Graduate Job Recruitment At Hubtel
- Qatar Airways New Job Recruitment
How To Submit An Application For UNDP Exciting Opportunity For SHS Graduates
To apply online, click on this Yellow Button
Closing Date: 13th January, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED