The service of a Director (Physical Development and Municipal Services Directorate) is needed at University of Ghana -UG. Reporting to the Registrar, the Director of the PDMSD will be responsible for the overall development and maintenance of the physical environment of the University and the provision of essential services in an efficient and effective manner.
Duties And Responsibilities:
The successful candidate shall be specifically responsible for:
- The supervision of works and contracts to ensure that construction and renovations are in consonance with prevailing industry standards and specifications, taking due cognisance of the needs and requirements of the University
- The management of construction contracts with a view to ensuring compliance and due delivery of projects.
- The procurement of consultancy services relating to the provision of technical advice on construction in compliance with national laws and the University’s statutes.
- The management and maintenance of the buildings, roads, drains, parks and gardens of the University and their designs and drawings.
- The construction and maintenance of residential facilities.
- The management and control of land use and the maintenance of records on all land transactions entered into by and on behalf of the University.
- The provision of valuation services.
- The management, control and disposal of waste.
- The provision of fumigation and other pest control services.
- The acquisition and maintenance of vehicles and the provision of transportation services.
- The maintenance of security on the University’s campuses.
- The discharge of any other necessary assignments.
Qualification And Attributes:
The successful applicant must:
- Have a good first degree in a relevant field within the built environment profession with a post graduate degree or an equivalent professional qualification in a relevant field.
- Be a member of a relevant professional body.
- Have a minimum of fifteen (15) years of relevant post-qualification experience and must be a practitioner in the field.
- Have considerable strategic, interpersonal and collegial skills and should be able to function within the higher education sector.
- Have high-level analytical skills, business sense as well as a deep understanding and appreciation of the strategic and operational issues and challenges in top-level management and administration.
- Be performance-driven and must be keen to achieve results.
You Might Also Like:
- IFDC Calls For Job Applications
- Exciting Job Opportunity At Sightsavers
- Accion Microfinance Bank Job Opening
How To Submit An Application For Director (Physical Development and Municipal Services Directorate)
To submit an application, click on this Link
Deadline: 23rd December, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED