IntraHealth International is currently seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an upcoming Ghana Health Program project that aims to increase access, utilization and quality of maternal and child health, family planning, malaria, and nutrition services to reduce preventable maternal, newborn, and child deaths in northern Ghana.
The DCOP will support the Chief of Party (COP) in providing technical and strategic guidance and oversight of the project and in representing the project to senior officials of the Ministry of Health (MOH), Ghana Health Service, and USAID. The DCOP will take the lead in coordinating program development, implementation and reporting, and will work very closely with the technical leads and staff overseeing the project’s major technical components, and other program staff to ensure results and synergy in the development and implementation of the project. In the absence of the COP, the DCOP will assume overall responsibility for the project.
- Supervise assigned staff to facilitate achievement of program objectives and targets with management and technical backstopping and support.
- Initiate and facilitate regular technical meetings to review program implementation and identify measures to overcome implementation bottlenecks and enhance quality of deliverables.
- Account to the COP on the delivery of technical program objectives, with regular reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Lead documentation and sharing of knowledge and emerging practices from the program internally within IntraHealth and externally with the wider stakeholder audience.
- Ensure daily operations of overall program implementation activities are on schedule and that reports, new plans, and budgets are prepared with sufficient lead time to get the necessary approvals.
- Work with the COP to provide technical and administrative support in all aspects of the project and carry out any duties that may be assigned by the COP.
- Oversee and represent the project in the absence of the COP, including collaborating with partners.
- A Master’s degree in Public Health, Public Administration, International Development, or related discipline. Clinical qualifications (doctor, nurse, midwife) preferred.
- At least ten years of professional experience and senior level, with a minimum of five years managing and implementing programs including providing technical leadership and strong project management.
- Significant experience in several of the following areas: family planning, reproductive health, child health, nutrition, maternal and newborn health, HIV/AIDS, adolescent and youth sexual reproductive health, malaria, community mobilization and behavior change, gender mainstreaming, health system strengthening.
- Ability to liaise, advocate and negotiate with multiple stakeholders and host country government
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities, manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment, and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English required.
Ability to travel 25-35% within the country and periodic international trip.
How To Submit Your Application for the Deputy Chief of Party at IntraHealth International
- Finance and Operations Director
- Chief of Party
- Customer Care Representative Vacancy at PizzamanChickenman
- New Vacant Position At Bolt
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED