There is a job opportunity for the position of Chief Procurement Officer at AfCFTA. The role holder will report to Head of Division Administration & Human Resources Management.
Purpose of Job:
Assists in the management and supervision of the procurement activities of the AfCFTA Secretariat to ensure delivery of results within proposed, Rules, Regulations, budget and timeframe.
Also Check: Hapag-Lloyd AG Job Vacancy
- Provide technical and intellectual support and guidance in the management of various procurement bodies related to the area of work.
- Manage the Secretariat of the Local Internal Procurement Committee
- Design AfCFTA Secretariat a comprehensive Annual Procurement Plan
- Develop and implement comprehensive procurement record policy
- Address audit problems
- Monitor and Evaluate the implementation of the various procurement activities
Specific Responsibilities Chief Procurement Officer – AfCFTA
- Implementation of the proceedings of the Tender Board in accordance with the African Union Procurement Guidelines
- Follow-up on the Implementation of tasks allocated by the Tender Board to the sub-committees such as the Local Tender Board, Evaluation Committee, Opening Committee and Inspection Committee
- Take minutes and keep records of Tender Board meetings
- Function as desk officer on all Tender Board issues and develop a system of keeping archives of bid documents and other Tender Board matters
- Prepare Tender documents in liaison with the Head of Departments in accordance with AUC regulations and internationally accepted standards and procedures
- Prepare requests for bids for tenders not requiring the usual Tendering process on the basis
- Produce periodic statements on the work of the Tender Board in reference to executed contracts and procurements approved and
- Performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience:
- Master’s degree in Management, Procurement, Supply Chain, Law, Commerce, Business Administration or Public Administration with 7 years post qualification experience in Procurement, Supply Chain, Public Procurement, Administration out of which 3 years should be at a supervisory level
- Bachelor’s degree in similar studies with 10 years’ relevant experience and 3 years at Supervisor level.
Experience in web-based management / ERP system, such as SAP.
- A demonstrated ability to initiate and promote collaborative approaches and implementing joint activities;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations both internally and externally in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity, including gender balance
- Ability to assist in developing clear program goals, plans and actions that are consistent with agreed strategies and to appropriately delegate, monitor and adjust these plans and actions
- Ability to produce clear and professional reports
- Proficiency in one of the AU officials working languages (Arabic, English, French, Kiswahili, Portuguese and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage;
How To Submit An Application To AfCFTA Chief Procurement Officer
Deadline: May 19, 2023.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED