Here is Catholic Relief Services (CRS)’s latest Job Posting. CRS/Ghana is supporting the Ho Diocese to recruit a suitable person as a Development Officer for its Ho Diocese.
Overview of Position:
The Ho Diocese is inviting suitable and qualified candidates to apply for the position of Development Officer for its Human Development Department. This candidate will be responsible for realizing the Diocese’s fundraising and engagement goals by leading in project design, implementation, and reporting on social, socio-economic, education, health and religious interventions in fulfillment of the Diocese’s mission.
Recommended: USAID Ghana Employment Opportunity
- Coordinate all directorates under the Department of Human Development in collaboration with the Diocesan Development Coordinator.
- Ensure the collection of appropriate data for writing of project proposals and reports.
- Update the Bishop and the Diocesan Development Committee as well as the Diocesan Building Committee monthly on status of projects in the Diocese.
- Promote social development and relief projects of the Catholic Church to enhance the welfare of individuals and communities.
- Promote and implement programmes and projects towards good governance, justice and peace at the Diocesan and Parish levels.
- Establish linkages with international and local organizations and charity groups to support the initiatives of the directorates.
- Attract financial and physical resources to support pastoral objectives of the Church.
- Ensure that funds for projects are applied and accounted for in accordance with agreed terms with donor partners and.
- Supports the project monitoring team, evaluates monitoring reports and give valuable and constructive feedback to the Bishop and all relevant stakeholders.
- Carry out any other functions assigned from time to time by the Bishop or any other acting through him.
Required Skills or Experience:
- Degree/Master’s in development studies or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the development sector
- Excellent analytical, evaluation, monitoring, project management and report writing skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in Database management.
- Excellent knowledge and skills in project proposal writing.
- Proactive attitude: willingness and ability to take initiatives.
- Proven ability to be a good team player and willingness to take on additional responsibilities as required.
- Good leadership and strong interpersonal relationship skills
- Ability to recognize and analyze problems and develop solutions to them.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Power point.
- Have a sound and demonstrable understanding of Catholic Social Teaching.
- Understand Church structures and a willingness to engage with priests and other office holders of Diocese
How To Submit An Application For The Job Posting At Catholic Relief Services
All applicants should use the job title as subject of the email.
Deadline: Friday, 9th January, 2023.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED