Here is the latest available role at Catholic Relief. The organization is hiring a Regional Finance Officer, West Africa (telecommuting role).
As the region’s financial controller and expert, you will provide overall strategic financial management direction and will support the regional and Country Programs’ (CPs) efforts in ensuring that the agency finance strategy is implemented throughout the region in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable.Your expertise will help ensure the implementation of robust financial policies, procedures and practices put in place to control an increasingly complex and challenging funding and operational environment.
Please Note: This is a Telecommuter role
Apply For: Vacant Role At Puma Energy
Responsibilities For Catholic Relief ‘s Available Role
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Monitor, analyze and provide guidance to regional and CPs’ Senior Management Teams, project leads and CP Finance leads on budget development and management; accounting and financial reporting policies, tools, and guidelines; and cash flow/treasury management to ensure effective financial resources management throughout the whole budget cycle and over the life of various projects.
- Review and assess CPs’ financial management systems, policies, processes, and practices, and assist with resolving issues and implementing preventive and corrective actions to ensure consistent attainment of financial management ‘standards of excellence’ and compliance with agency and donor financial management requirements.
- Prepare and provide accurate and timely regional-level financial analysis reports and other reports on financial trends and indicators to provide guidance with decision-making and efficient and effective financial resource management.
- Lead on assessing professional development needs of Finance staff in the region and ensure focused plans for mentoring and capacity building to strengthen financial management service quality.
- Act as the regional liaison and a key point of contact on all finance-related matters with HQ, donors, internal and external auditors, and other external stakeholders.
- Provide guidance to CPs on risk management and internal controls in preparing for internal and external audits and in responding to audit issues and follow up with the implementation of the audit recommendations.
- Make significant contributions to the agency Finance Community of Practice and CRS Global Finance agenda.
Check This: Amazing Job Opportunities At UENR
- B.A. degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration with courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting (CPA/ACCA or equivalent) required. MBA or Master’s degree in related field with a focus on accounting preferred. A professional certification in Accounting or a related field highly preferred.
- Minimum of seven years of accounting experience in an international operations environment.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
Required Languages – Excellent English and French language oral and written communication skills required
Travel – The position requires 20-30% travel within the WARO region, as well as attendance at internal and external conferences and workshops, when requested.
Also Check: Full Time Job At The Capital Group
- Strong understanding and experience in US Government funding regulations for International NGOs.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications. Excellent knowledge of financial reporting software.
- Proven experience in presenting, facilitating, coaching, and capacity building on financial management topics.
How To Forward Your Applications
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED