Newmont Ghana is here with a new career opening. The company is looking to hire a Project Manager – Influx and Resettlement Construction.
In This Role You Will:
- Liaise with the Owner’s Project Team on the progress and status of project activities.
- Act as primary liaison between the S&ER group and other Owner functions for activities per requirements in the prime Agreement.
- Understand and assume responsibility for Owner’s deliverables to Consultants and Contractors.
- Liaise with the Owner’s Project Team on the progress and status of work, contract letting, and procurement for each scope.
- Ensure that Owner-procured items are being expedited in a timely manner to meet the Project Schedule requirements.
- Monitor project progress, and in particular the critical path, in conjunction with the Owner’s Project Team so that schedule slippage can be monitored, and the effects minimized.
- Review the sequencing of activities, coordination procedures, and systems, and the construction strategy proposed and implemented for the project. Participate in construction reviews in early design efforts.
- Review and approve turnover requirements proposed by contractors prior to handover to the Owner’s Project Team.
- Overview of defect identification and rectification throughout the construction process, and then after handover in conjunction with the Operations team.
- Review the work methods, access, and security requirements proposed by the Consultants/Contractors and promote improvements.
- Establish a system to manage “requests for information” and “technical queries” raised with the Owner’s Project Team to ensure the flow of information is controlled, recorded and timelines are met.
- Review the Owner’s Project Team requirements for temporary facilities, staffing, site services, laydown areas etc. in respect of timing, size and cost.
Also See: New Career Opportunity At Mövenpick
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline and/or Construction management.
- Registered Professional Engineer and/or Project Management Certification is desirable.
- Preferred knowledge of Construction and Project Management.
- A minimum of 10 to 15 years working experience in engineering, construction and mining operations.
- A proven track record in project execution and demonstrated commitment to the successful implementation of the project.
- Previous International experience working in a multi-cultural environment is highly regarded.
- Knowledge of Newmont site process flow, geography and management teams will be highly regarded.
- Advance analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advance communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Advance computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- The ability to accurately give an account of information pertaining to the performance of outputs.
- Application of effective Project Management in capital execution, including estimating, scheduling, cost engineering, forecasting, and reporting.
- Knowledge and working skills on project management software packages. (Primavera, MS Project, Pert master, SAP, MS Access, Aconex, etc.)
Application Process At Newmont Ghana’s Career
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED