The Cocoa Abrabopa Association has a Career Opportunity available for the position of a Child Development Officer. The position is open for applicants who are qualified until the deadline which is stated below.
Cocoa Abrabopa Association Career Opportunity
Daily Duties & Responsibilities
• Conduct household surveys and community profile surveys with selected households in the assigned operational areas;
• Conduct traceability checks at the community level.
• Undertake distribution of shade trees to farmers
• Undertake living income plan beneficiaries monitoring
• Undertake gender and, grievance, assess and address awareness raising
• Conduct farm monitoring for shade trees survival
• Carry out unannounced farm visit to identify possible cases of child labour;
• Follow-up questionnaires including needs assessments in case child labour is identified;
• Identify and deploy remediation activities to the benefit of the children and their families;
• Monitor all remediation activities and households classified as high-risk of child labour;
• Organize and implement awareness raising among members, households, communities and collaborating partners;
• Report through a mobile app;
• Prepare work plans and schedules to ensure that all households are visited for all activities as per the agreed times in the period;
• Work closely with the Technical Coordinators and Regional Managers employed by CAA;
• The CDOs ensure that the tools, equipment and safety wear is used appropriately according to manufacturer specifications and maintains the protocols for repairs and maintenance
• Perform any other duties or assignments as may be directed by your supervisor.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Rural development, Development Studies, and social work from a recognized institution accredited by national accreditation board
• A minimum of three (3) year plus experience in a similar role.
• Should have working experience with farmers on the field Should have at least one year experiences in field data collection
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Outstanding written and verbal communication
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Multitasking and work constructively to meet targets and deadlines
• Confident individual with a proactive attitude and keep calm under pressure
• Detailed-oriented professional who uses analytical skills and follows all procedures to identify child labour and the follow-up support activities to be carried out
• Must have strong background in computer skills
• Ability to independently create digital reports
• Ability to manage assigned duties in an assertive, efficient and timely manner.
• Must be able to live in a rural community in any of the assigned cocoa districts deprived of basic social amenities.
• ABILITY TO RIDE A MOTORBIKE IN ROUGH TERRAIN WITH A VALID LICENSE
• Ability to pay attention to details
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and security of data gathered for the purposes assigned for
• Ability to speck fluently TWI
• Emotional maturity, unprejudiced and sensitivity to farmers
• Meticulously maintains complete, honest and accurate records pertaining household surveys and community profile surveys.
How To Submit an Application for the Career Opportunityat Cocoa Abrabopa Association
Application should be sent to:
Closing Date: 15 December, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED