Here comes another Job Opportunity from International Cocoa Initiative 2022.
As part of the ICI’s objectives to eliminate the worst forms of child labour and forced labour in the cocoa sector and its overall programme to promote children’s rights and child protection in the cocoa supply chain, ICI seeks to engage two(2) Field Assistants for the Country Office in Ghana, who will be based in Sefwi Wiawso in Western North Region and Bekwai/New Edubiase in Ashanti Region.
Details of the International Cocoa Initiative Opportunity 2022
- ONE YEAR (Renewable subject to availability of funds)
Based at District-level, under the authority of the Country Director and direct supervision of the Project Manager for Innovation and Community Development the incumbent will:
- Ensure the liaison between ICI in Accra, regional stakeholders, and local authorities.
- Ensure consistent implementation of the guidelines and policies established by ICI Foundation.
- Collect, analyze and transmit all relevant information from the field to ensure regular reporting to the Country Director and Project Manager on project progress and prepare technical reports.
- Ensure proper set-up and roll-out of the CLMRS in the assigned geographical areas, specifically:
- Participate in the selection of the Community Facilitators (CF) where necessary
- Participate in the training of Farmer Coaches (Information Management Staff – IMS and Project Assistants) and CFs and organize field-level training logistics where necessary
- Provide ongoing technical support to partners field staff and the CFs, ensuring that they fulfill their terms of reference
- Pro-actively monitor KPIs for the area under his/her responsibility and pro-actively work towards their improvement
- Support community-level awareness-raising sessions on child labour and forced labour
- Advise on remediation strategies and follow up on the implementation of remediation activities
- Organize the logistics around the field visits of ICI staff from Accra and Geneva or industry partners.
- Work on any other related tasks as required.
Other Recommended Jobs:
- New Job Offer At Webster University Ghana
- Job Opportunities Available At LMI Holdings
- Buwelo Ghana Opens New Job Opportunities
- Latest Job Advertisement At MOFA
Required experience or competencies:
- Programme development and monitoring, report preparation, and knowledge documentation.
- Experience working on rural development or cocoa supply-chain
- Experience in partnership development.
- Experience in working at the community level.
- Representational function.
- Knowledge of the cocoa sector and experience in activities related to the fight against child labour;
- Knowledge of Monitoring & Evaluation processes and tools.
- Knowledge of information management tools and software.
- Ability to rapidly analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communications skills in English.
- A good team player, and ability to contribute to a cooperative work environment
- Adaptive to new innovations and must have a strong desire to learn
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Ability to speak Twi (and French desirable)
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of actors.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work autonomously in remote environments and to keep a high level of motivation.
- Be pro-active.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office software products, in particular Word and Excel.
- Work experience – At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Academic background – University degree in Development Planning/Studies, Social Sciences, or other relevant disciplines, with at least.
- The position is based in the ICI’s project districts (with periodic travels to the Accra office).
How To Apply for the International Cocoa Initiative Opportunity 2022
Please send your updated CV and a COVER LETTER email@example.com. Please put “CLMRS Field Assistant” in the subject line.
- Applications must be received by close of day of November 18, 2022.
- Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Please do not call.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED