There is a new career vacancy at Mastercard. The organization is hiring an Executive Director, Special Programs (Public Health & Workforce Development). The successful candidate will be based in any of our offices in Africa (Ethiopia, Nigeria, Senegal, Ghana, Rwanda, Kenya, or Uganda).
- Strategic leadership of the Foundation’s programming in health workforce development and of special programs that contribute to the achievement of Young Africa Works.
- Lead the conceptualization and program design for the development of Health Ecosystems that support viable economic activities and the creation of employment opportunities in the health sector.
- Provide leadership, strategic direction for Community health workforce development programs across the continent.
- Convenings and collaboration with institutions and partner organizations and support entrepreneurship in the Health Sector.
- Provide leadership and direction for the Saving Lives and Livelihoods program aimed at assuring the long-term health security of the continent by developing the workforce for vaccine manufacturing in Africa and strengthening the Africa CDC.
- Provide strategic leadership to aid identification of special programs, opportunity identification, and to drive cross-organizational programmatic agenda.
- Develop and implement comprehensive strategic guidance for the health sector as a thematic area, ensuring continuous relevance and technical excellence.
- Direct the design and delivery of roadmaps for programs within the health sector and other related thematic areas.
See Also: Job Opportunity At Legendary Foods
- Advanced degree in Global development, Health, Public Policy, or other related field with substantial experience in Executive / strategic leadership.
- Fifteen (15+) years of significant senior level experience driving strategy and program success with organizations across multiple countries in Africa.
- Ten (10+) years leadership and management experience of which at least seven years were gained in a multi-country environment in Africa, with a preference for private sector experience.
- Experience in education, development and/or public policy within nonprofit organizations, international NGO’s and/or learning institutions is also helpful.
- Experience in at least one of the thematic areas (Health, Digital, Access to Finance, Education, Gender).
- Experience leading major transformative programmatic change involving multiple stakeholders and rapid growth.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Proven excellence in verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures and to distill complex information and data into accessible conversation and written pieces.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Career Recruitment Process At Mastercard
Interested in the role? Visit This Page
Apply By: 26th October, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED