Applications are open for Boston University Postdoctoral Fellowship in immunology and Protein Biochemistry. The Boston lab pulmonary center is conducting a fellowship program for research projects on molecular immunology of infections while focusing on protein Biochemistry. They seek a highly motivated and talented postdoctoral fellow with a brilliant career-building potential to conduct experiments and translational research.
Boston University is a prestigious private research university of Massachusetts. It currently has more than 3,900 faculty members and nearly 33,000 students. Undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral degrees are offered at Boston University. These degrees are offered in fields of business, medical, law, and dentistry.
The interested candidates are expected to expand the current spectrum of professionalism in a multidisciplinary team of Boston University. The particular areas of the research and study will be the dole and structure of novel Genes involved in inflammation, pathogen recognition, host-pathogen relation, cytokines, macrophages, neutrophils, and related pathways. Pathogens of study are S. pneumoniae, Legionella spp., E. coli, N. brasiliensis, SARS-CoV-2, Influenza, and others.
This program will be structured in a way that would meet the qualifications and interests of the applicant. This means the nature of protein Biochemistry, molecular biology techniques, immunology methods, bioinformatics, or surgical mouse models can be discussed with the applicant.
The projects will include a broad spectrum of immunology and biochemistry methods together with opportunities for transcriptomic (scRNA-Seq, TOTAL-Seq) and (phospho-) proteomics, including data analysis supported by Bio-informaticians. Another area of interest are genome editing by RNA-guided nucleases (CRISPR-Cas9) for genome-wide screens.
Some more details
- Country: USA
- Financial coverage: Paid
Eligibility Criteria :
Here is the eligibility criteria for Boston University postdoctoral fellowship:
- The applicant can be from any country.
- The applicant can be a fresh graduate or experienced research with a strong history of publications.
- Applicant must have an MD, PhD, or equivalent degree in a relevant field.
- Applicants must have the skill of initiating, conducting, evaluating, and reporting a research study.
- The applicant who has a strong background in immunology, protein Biochemistry and/or Molecular biology will be preferred.
- Applicants with prior experience in protein structure analysis, monoclonal antibody production, protein-protein interactions, recombinant protein production, and protein mutagenesis will be preferred.
- The Boston University Postdoctoral Fellowship will provide an opportunity in designing and conducting independent research projects.
- Boston University provides a competitive salary to the full-time fellows.
The interested candidates may apply online for the Boston University Postdoctoral Fellowship. Candidates are required to submit their new, detailed CV, transcripts and list of publications at (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applicants must also send the names of three references in the email.
September 30, 2021
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED