Fret no more if you don’t know how to make a bar Chart in excel. By following this step by step guide below, you should be absolutely fine. The bar chart(bar graph) is one of the tidiest means by which data could be represented.
Creating Graphs in Microsoft Excel Made Easy
- Start by opening Microsoft Excel, identified by its distinctive white “X” on a green backdrop.
- If a blank spreadsheet doesn’t greet you, simply go to “File,” then “New,” and opt for “Blank.”
- Now, it’s time to label your graph. Head to cell A1 for the X-axis and give it a fitting label. Repeat this process for cell B1, which represents the Y-axis.
- Populate your graph with data in columns A and B. Your numbers or text should match your X- and Y-axes. For instance, if it was 70 degrees on Monday, type “Monday” in cell A2 and “70” in cell B2.
- When your data entry is complete, it’s time to craft your bar graph.
Constructing Your Graph
- Highlight your entire dataset by starting at cell A1, then holding Shift while clicking the lowest value in column B. For different column letters and numbers, select from the top-left cell to the bottom-right while holding Shift.
- Access the “Insert” tab, located in the editing ribbon on the right side of the “Home” tab.
- Spot the “Bar chart” icon in the “Charts” group under the “Insert” tab. It’s typically represented by three vertical bars.
- Now, choose a bar graph style. The available templates may vary based on your Excel version and OS. Some popular ones include:
- 2-D Column: Depicts data with straightforward vertical bars.
- 3-D Column: Presents data with three-dimensional, vertical bars.
- 2-D Bar: Offers a basic graph with horizontal bars.
- 3-D Bar: Showcases data with three-dimensional, horizontal bars.
5. Customize your graph’s look by heading to the “Design” section at the top of Excel. Here, you can choose a different template, tweak colors, or even switch to an entirely new graph type. The “Design” options appear when your graph is selected. Click your graph to select it, and you can also click on the title at the graph’s top to modify it.
Recommended: How To Repost On LinkedIn
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED