Reposting on LinkedIn is a great way to share content that is relevant, informative, and useful. It helps articles, posts, and updates reach a wider audience.
In this article, we aim to provide a quick and easy guide on how you can repost something on LinkedIn.
LinkedIn Repost Facts
- All users can repost a content as long as it is public
- Please remember that if you post a content that is marked as “Connections Only,” other members on the platform will not be able to re-share it.
- You cannot re-share a post from LinkedIn Groups.
- You can either repost a post on timeline or send it in a private message to a specific individual(s).
- When you re-share a URL, photo, or video in your LinkedIn feed, the comments made by the original poster of that content will also be included.
- There are two ways one can repost something on LinkedIn (Mobile & desktop)
Reposting On A Mobile Phone
To re-share a post you saw on LinkedIn using your phone, you must follow the following steps:
- Tap on the repost button as displayed in the image below:
- After tapping on it, a pop up with two repost options will appear. It is up to you to choose the option you want based how you want the repost to look.
- You may choose « repost with your thoughts » if you wish to type a comment or tag people on the post before reposting. However, if you tap on « repost » it will instantly re-share the the post »
Reposting On A Desktop
To share a post, simply click on the “Repost” button located below the post. You have the option to select from the dropdown menu:
- “Repost with your thoughts” to share a post along with your own comments. With this option, you can tag people or write anything you want to attach to the post before re-sharing.
- To repost without being asked to add comments, simply choose the “Repost” option. Once you’ve done that, a confirmation message will appear on the lower left side of the homepage, letting you know that the repost was successful.
In summary, republish a post on LinkedIn is not complicated at all. Whether you are using a mobile phone or desktop, you are still covered. However, remember that while re-sharing might be easy, it is important to share posts that would be useful to your network.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED