It is very important to know if your iPhone is orignal in order to avoid using refurbished or fake devices. Original devices are equipped with genuine software and components, which guarantee reliability and security of the user.
Checking For Originality
Verify the IMEI and Serial Number
- An original iPhone is supposed to have and IMEI so if yours doesn’t have then it is fake.
- To check your IMEI, go to your settings phone’s, select general and then click on about.
- Find the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) and serial number
- Note it down and visit Apple’s official website Here to verify your device’s authenticity
- On the website, type or paste your phone’ s serial number and follow the prompt
- The result would provide information about your phone if it is original (phone type eg. iPhone 11 Pro, and you if your coverage for certain services have expired or not)
Physical Things To Check On Your iPhone
- Inspect the package of the product to see if it has high quality. Be on the look out for things such as spelling and design irregularities or mistakes, Apple logo, product details and the quality of the phone
- check of the screws are pentalobe. Apple is known to use only pentalobe screws.
- Apple does not take cemory cards/chips or two SIM cards (you only use two numbers in one iPhone if you activate E-sim)
- Check if the Siri feature works
- Connect to iTunes, if your phone is not recognized by iTunes then it is fake
- Verify if in-built applications such as App Store, Safari, Messages, photos, phone app, mail, Music default app, health, podcasts, contacts calendar, camera etc. are present on the device
- Confirm the operation system (Make sure the device runs in IOS)
From the step by step guide provided above, you are sure to verify the authenticity of your iPhone. However, if you still have doubts or more enquiries, you can visit the nearest Apple Store or services center.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED