It’s been circulating for some time that SIM cards are being re-registered or linked to Ghana Card in the country. It is essential to check after linking your Ghana Card, if the sim card is correctly linked.
The various Stakeholders involved in this process have provided Short Codes and portals to help people re-register or link their SIM cards to their respective Ghana Cards.
After linking your Ghana Card, it is required to crosscheck to be double sure that your SIM card has been correctly linked or updated to your Ghana Card to prevent any possible future problems. Find below the full guide on how to verify if your number is successfully linked to the Ghana Card.
How to check if your SIM card is correctly linked to your Ghana Card
There are currently two methods to check if your SIM card has been correctly linked:
- Via the MTN SIM Registration Portal (Only MTN Users)
- Via the SIM Registration Short Code (All Networks)
How To Check Via the MTN SIM Registration Portal
- Visit the MTN SIM Registration Portal at https://simregistrationportal.mtn.com.gh/
- Confirm that you understand their terms and conditions then proceed.
- Type in the phone number want to verify or confirm and proceed.
- Confirm the OTP to be received on your phone number (choose either yes or no if you have an alternate number).
- The OTP will be sent as text message for you to verify and then click on verify one time password.
- A pop up will appear to let you know if your SIM Card has been correctly linked or not.
- Additionally, you will be sent a text message as confirmation.
Persons who have not correctly linked their Ghana Cards can proceed with the steps on the portal to link their Card Online.
How to check Via Short Code
- On your Registered SIM card, dial the SIM Registration short code *404#
- The moment you dial, you will be shown the message “you have already been registered successfully with your Ghana Card” confirming that it was correctly linked.
Persons who have not correctly linked their Ghana Cards can proceed with the steps on the portal to link their Card properly.
In this article, we have shown you ways to check and verify if your SIM card is correctly linked to your Ghana Card to avoid future problems. It is essential to verify to make sure that there were no mistakes with your registration and also, to avoid future problems.
For People who are about to link their SIM Cards to their Ghana Cards, follow the link below:
Click Here For Steps To Link Your Ghana Card Online
The Genesis of this SIM Card Registration
The re-registration of SIM cards was planned to run from October 1, 2021 to July 31, 2022. Ursula Owusu Ekuful, the Minister of Communication of Ghana, has stated that any SIM that is not registered within this time frame will be permanently blocked.
The exercise which was supposed to take off in June last year was delayed due to the Population and Housing Census. This was in line with the government’s effort to make the Ghana Card a one-stop identification document in the country.
“Each user is allowed to register 10 different numbers with his/her Ghana Card. The user will be notified via text message with a unique code upon successful registration” The Minister of Communication, Ursula Owusu Ekuful Stated in a facebook post.
In view of this, MTN, the leading Telecom network in Ghana, and other stakeholders have introduced the ability to update SIM registration information.
- What happens if you’re not able to link your Ghana Card to your bank before July 1
- NIA NEW GHANA CARD REGISTRATION POINTS OPEN
- SIM card registration deadline will not be extended – Ursula Owusu warns
- Blocking SIM cards won’t happen – Sam Nartey George
- How to Register Your SIM With Ghana Card Easily On All Networks
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED