The Admission Forms for the Forty-Six (46) Colleges of Education for the 2022/2023 Academic year has been released and is Out on sale at the various accredited sale points. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the four year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) degree programme.
About Colleges of Education Admission Forms 2022/2023
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission to the new Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) degree programme in the Forty-Six (46) Public Colleges of Education in Ghana for the 2021/2022 academic year.
Admission Requirements 2022/2023
1. WASSCE /SSSCE Qualification Applicants
The general requirement for admission to the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Programme is as follows:
- WASSCE Holders: CREDIT PASSES (A1-C6) in Six (6)subjects comprising Three (3) Core subjects, including English Language and Core Mathematics, and Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
- SSSCE Holders: PASSES (A-D) in Six (6) subjects comprising Three (3) Core subjects, including English Language and Core Mathematics, and Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study
- Candidates who are yet to write either the 2021 WASSCE or NABPTEX examinations can also apply
2. General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advance Level Applicants
- Must havepasses in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better).
- Must have credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English Language, Mathematics, and a Science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subjects (for Science students)
3. Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) Applicants
- Must have passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better).
- Must have credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE).
4. Technical and Vocational Education and Training Applicants
Applicants seeking to purchase the colleges of Education Admission forms with this qualification must:
- Possess Certificate II in three (3) relevant trade areas awarded by TEU, NVTI, City & Guilds and other authorised awarding bodies in addition to NABPTEX Certificate II in lieu of passes in English and Mathematics.
- Must have NABPTEX certificate II in relevant trade areas in addition to three (3) credit passes in WASSCE/SSSCE core subjects including English and Mathematics.
- Posses a National Certificate II qualification in Competency Based Training (CBT) in a relevant trade area awarded by TEU on the National TVET Qualification Framework (NTVETQF).
5. Foreign Qualifications
- All foreign qualifications should be referred to the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC) for determination of equivalences and eligibility for admission to Teacher Education Institutions in Ghana.
- It should be noted that the American SAT, TOEFL etc. cannot in themselves be acceptable as entry qualifications into Ghanaian tertiary educational institutions.
6. Visually Impaired
- Applicants with WASSCE results should have Credit Passes (A1-C6) in Two (2) CORE subjects including English Language and Social Studies and Three (3) relevant elective subjects.
- Applicants with SSSCE results should have Passes (A-D) in Two (2) CORE subjects including English Language and Social Studies and Three (3) relevant elective subjects.
7. Hearing Impaired
- Applicants with WASSCE results should have Credit (A1-C6) in Three (3) CORE subjects including English Language and Mathematics and Three (3) relevant Elective subjects.
- Applicants with WASSCE results should have Passes (A-D) in Three (3) CORE subjects including English Language and Mathematics and Three (3) relevant Elective subjects.
Programs for the Colleges of Education Admission 2022/2023
Bachelor of Education Programmes offered:
- B.Ed. Early Grade Education
- B.Ed. Primary Education
- B.Ed. JHS Education
How To Buy Admission Forms
Interested Applicants will first have to make a payment of Two Hundred Ghana Cedis (GHC200.00) into the Colleges of Education- Ghana Account at any branch of the following bank nationwide:
- Consolidated Bank Ghana Limited.
- ii) Additionally, payment can also be made through mobile money wallet: Tigo Cash, Vodafone cash, Airtel Money, and MTN Mobile Money by dialing short code *924*8# from all networks.
- Upon payment, applicants will be given the following information:
- A Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- An Admission Application Serial Number.
- The Admission Website Address – coeportal.edu.gh
How TO Apply for the 2022/2023 Colleges of Education Admissions
- Purchase the Colleges of Education Admissions Voucher for your PIN and Serial Number
- Then visit the Colleges of Education admission website here or visit admission.coeportal.edu.gh
- On the Colleges of Education admission website, Click “Apply Now” to be sent to a login Page
- On The next page, Login with your PIN or Serial Number and indicate whether you are applying as a normal applicant or an awaiting applicant
- Click on “Login” to Login
- Fill Application form and supply all required details, as well as attaching a passport picture.
- An applicant’s passport picture should be in JPG or JPEG format and must not exceed 40KB in size.
- Click ‘Preview’ button to do any of the following:
- Click ‘Edit’ button to modify your application.
- Click ‘Save and Continue later button’ to save your application form for the option of coming back at a later time to edit.
- Click ‘Submit and Print Confirmation’ to complete your online application.
- After clicking on ‘Submit and Print Confirmation’, click ‘Print Form’ button to print Confirmation Page.
- Keep your printed Confirmation Page safe. You will require your Application Form Number shown on the page to check your admission status and also print your admission letter.
- Click on the ‘Close’ to go back to the login page.
- Each Applicant is required to print two copies each of his/her confirmation page and attach his/her results slip(s) and any other documents deemed important and forward same by post to the College of Education applied to. Failure to do so, means application won’t be processed
- Quote your Application Reference/Form Number on your envelop.
- List Of All Tertiary Institutions Whose Admission Forms are Out 2022/2023
- List of All UCC Admissions and Deadlines 2022/2023
- Atebubu College of Education Admission Forms 2022/2023
- How to Overcome Gambling Addiction
- USA 2022 Scholarships For International Students
- King AbdulAziz University Scholarship in Saudi Arabia 2022-2023
- Admission Requirements for Valley View University 2022/2023
- UG 2022/2023 Entry Requirements For Undergraduate Applicants
Important Notes on the Colleges of Education Forms
- Applicants should select three Colleges of their choice for their Program and an accompanying Ghanaian Language.
- Applicants are advised to read and to ensure they fully understand all related instructions before completing the application form.
- Applicants are to note that application forms not properly completed will not be processed.
- After completing the online application form, an applicant will need to print a copy which should be sent with one passport photograph and a copy/copies of their results slip(s) (where available) by EMS priority envelope obtainable from Ghana Post nationwide and addressed to: The Principal of the applicant’s first College of choice.
- Applicants will be notified of the receipt of their applications by SMS (text message) and should therefore provide correct and reliable cell phone numbers when completing the form online.
- Applicants will also receive admission offer notifications by SMS and those who do not receive such notifications may understand it to mean that their applications were not successful.
- Applicants are to note that the Colleges will cross-check their results from the West African Examinations Council as part of the admission process. Applicants found to have submitted fake or falsified documents in support of their applications will be made to face the legal consequences of their actions.
NB: Applicants should note that each of the forty six (46) public Colleges of Education is affiliated to the under listed public Universities and certificates would be awarded to students who successfully complete their course of study by the affiliate University.
Check the various Colleges and their Affiliation
The deadline for the Colleges of Education Admissions is Monday, 31st October, 2022. Interested applicants are hereby urged to plan and apply before the deadline.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED