According to DW Africa, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has declared a visa ban on citizens of 20 African nations, including nationals of Ghana, who wish to visit or travel to Dubai. The ban takes immediate effect.
UAE bans nationals from visiting Dubai
The Affected countries are:
- Sierra Leone
- Republic of Guinea
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Ivory Coast
- Burkina Faso
- Guinea Bissau
Reasons for the Ban
One of the reasons provided for the prohibition, according to the German news source, is that many people who enter the nation on visit visas end up overstaying their permits and working illegally while doing so.
This is not the first time Ghana and other African countries have been prohibited from traveling to Dubai. Ghana and other African nations had previously been prohibited from entering Dubai.
On December 28, 2021, Emirates Airline declared that eight African nations will no longer be permitted to fly to or through Dubai until further notice due to the spread of the Omicron Covid-19 version. Included in the list were Ghana, Angola, Guinea, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Cote d’Ivoire, and Ethiopia.
- WhatsApp Outage: WhatsApp down for thousands of users
- Prempeh, Presec and Adisadel Qualify for NSMQ 2022 Finals
- I have no reason to sack Ofori-Atta – Akufo-Addo says
- List Of Members of Parliament (MPs) in Ghana 2022/2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED