This article will give you the full guide on how to register or link multiple Sim Cards to your Ghana Card. As stated by the Minister of Communication, Ursula Owusu Ekuful, each citizen or Ghana Card holder is permitted to register or link a maximum of ten different phone numbers.
This means that if you have more than one Phone Number, it is required of you to take the necessary steps to register or link all your numbers to your Ghana Card. Failure to do so could cause the unregistered SIM cards to be blocked after the stated deadline. Here, we will show you how to link your multiple Numbers.
How to register or link multiple Sim Cards to your Ghana Card
There are currently two methods that can facilitate linking multiple Phone numbers to Ghana Card:
- Via the SIM Registration Short Code (All Networks)
- Via the MTN SIM Registration Portal (Only MTN Users)
How to register or link multiple Sim Cards to your Ghana Card Via Short Code
Insert or make sure the SIM Card you want to register is in a live and functioning cell phone and follow the steps below:
- Dial the short code *404#
- Enter Ghana Card Pin ( Note: Enter letters and figures without hyphens)
- Confirm Ghana Card Pin
- Enter Surname
- Enter First Name(s)
- Enter Date of Birth (Format: DDMMYYYY)
- Select Sex
- Confirm Details
- Submit Details Provided After Confirmation
- After submission, you will receive a unique code as Text Message
- Visit your service provider with the unique code to complete the registration process.
How to register or link multiple Sim Cards to your Ghana Card Via the MTN Portal
- Visit the MTN SIM Registration Portal at https://simregistrationportal.mtn.com.gh/
- Confirm that you understand their terms and conditions then proceed.
- Then type the phone number you want to register and proceed.
- Confirm the OTP to be received on your phone number (choose either yes or no if you have an alternate number).
- The OTP will be sent as text message for you to verify and then click on verify one time password.
- A dialogue box is opened for you to fill your Ghana card details.
- After filling, click next or scan to scan your Ghana card
- Upload an image of your Ghana card (front and back) and then click next.
- A dialogue box containing all the information you filled is presented to you to go through and confirm.
- After Confirming, you will be given further information on the Ghana Card Link
Currently, to link multiple SIM cards to your Ghana Card account, you have to link the additional numbers individually to your Ghana Card (as if you are starting a fresh registration). This means that the additional number you have to link needs to be active around the time you want to link it to the Ghana Card.
On the down side is that customers who would like to register or update their information with the Ghana card are supposed to do so only at MTN offices and service centres across the country.
The Government, through the Communications Minister has however, hinted on the launch an app that will facilitate the Ghana Card link process very soon.
It is also important to verify if the Ghana Card has successfully been linked to your phone number successfully. Check How to check if your SIM card is correctly linked to your Ghana Card
In this article, we have given you details on how to register or link multiple Sim Cards to your Ghana Card. It is important to link your Ghana Card to all your phone numbers to avoid any future problems.
- SIM Card Registration Deadline Extended to September 30
- How to Register Your SIM With Ghana Card Easily On All Networks
- What happens if you’re not able to link your Ghana Card to your bank before July 1
- I will choose Ghana Card over 1000 interchanges – Bawumia
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED