The general public is reminded of the Declaration of Monday, 2nd May and Tuesday, 3rd May, 2022 as Public Holidays in Ghana.
Why is Monday, 2nd May, 2022 a Public Holiday?
The general public is hereby notified that 1stMay, 2022 which marks May Day (Workers’ Day) is a Statutory Public Holiday.
However, in view of the fact that 1st May, 2022 falls on a Sunday, His Excellency, the President of the Republic of Ghana, has by Executive Instrument (E.I), in accordance with Section 2 of the Public Holidays and Commemorative Days Act, (Act 601) declared Monday, 2nd May, 2022 as an additional Public Holiday and should be observed as such throughout the country.
Why is Tuesday, 3rd May, 2022 a Public Holiday?
Tuesday, 3rd May, 2022 marks Eid-ul-Fitr, it is a Statutory Public Holiday and should be observed as such throughout the country.
- Public Holidays in Ghana 2022
- Holidays in the Republic of Ghana for the Year 2022
- All December Global Holidays, Dates Celebrated and History behind them
- MTN Holiday Bundle: Get 2.5GB For Just GHS 10 Every Holiday
- Topping charts is an achievement for me – Black Sherif
- How To Calculate E Levy Tax in Ghana
This information of declaration was made known to the general public as a result of a press release by the Ministry of Interior, signed by the Minister For The Interior, Ambrose Dery (Mp) and this sets to recognize 2nd and 3rd May as holidays.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED