Teachers in Ghana play a significant role in providing quality education for the citizens of the country. They are also important contributors to the economic development of Ghana. However, teachers in Ghana’s salaries may differ based on experience, your qualifications, the institution paying you (GES/Cambridge for example) and whether you are working for a public and private institutions.
It is important to note that, teaching is not just a job – it is a commitment to instilling knowledge in young minds that will shape their future lives. Teachers in Ghana deserve to be respected for the invaluable service they provide, and this includes ensuring they are given fair and equitable salaries.You may have clicked on this link because, you want to be a teacher or you are simply curious.
In this article, we are going to look at, the 2023 salaries of teachers at different levels of education in Ghana.
Read Also: Cocobod Workers Salary In Ghana
Levels Of Teachers We Have In Ghana:
In Ghana, you can find teachers at different levels of the educational ladder:
- Pre-school teachers
- Elementary school teachers (Primary school)
- Junior high school (JHS) teachers
- Senior high school (SHS) teachers
- College of Education teachers
- Polytechnic teachers
- University teachers
Average Wages Of Teachers At Different Levels:
- Please be aware that all of the salaries listed below could be more or lower depending on the institution, the teacher’s level of experience or rank.
- Below are the average earnings for trained teachers with a diploma or degree(bachelor’s/Master’s/PhD). Consequently, untrained teachers may earn a significantly lesser compensation/salary.
|Pre-school||Majority of early childhood teachers earn between Gh2,000 and Gh 4,000 per month.|
|Elementary school/Primary school||Teachers typically make between Gh2,000 and Gh 4,000 every month|
|Junior High School (JHS)||Teachers earn from Gh 2000 to Gh 4000|
|Senior High School (SHS)||They earn between Gh 3000 to Gh 5000|
|College of Education||Teachers could earn between 4000 and 10,000|
|Polytechnic||Teachers get between 5000 to 10,000|
|University||You could earn between 6000 to 12,000|
In sum, you could earn more as a teacher in Ghana if:
- You are trained (diploma/degree)
- You have a lot of experience in the teaching field
- If you have a high rank (eg. Headmaster/mistress, Dean, Principal, Senior lecturer, Professor etc)
You Might Also Like:
- Ghana Immigration Service Salary and Ranks 2022/2023
- Ghana Armed Forces Salary and Ranks 2022/2023
- Ghana Customs Service Salary In Ghana
- Ghanaians shocked after Meek Mill Shot a music Video at the Jubilee House
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED