African Union is now accepting work candidacy for the position of Senior Internal Auditor. The purpose of this slot is to perform audits of AfCFTA Secretariat, financial and information systems, assessing compliance with applicable standards and guidelines and sufficiency of internal controls.
- Perform internal audit and risk management, conduct internal audits of the AFCFTA Secretariat
- Provide audit guidelines and principles by understanding and documenting business processes, interpreting financial policies and procedures, governance practices and regulatory requirements, assessing compliance with African Union laws, policies and procedures
- Support the safeguarding of assets by reviewing the internal controls of those assets and verifying the existence of those assets
- Identify potential operational, financial or compliance risks that warrant audit attention
- Contribute to the development of an overall internal review and audit program for the AfCFTA Secretariat by identifying files and activities to be analysed and planning work assignments for departmental audits
- Prepares audit report and advises on audit findings, participates in departmental and employee training in internal controls and policy and follow-up on audit actions taken by management
- Performs due diligence, contributes to the overall success of the AFCFTA Secretariat by working as a team member on audits and special projects and performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Analyse problems/issues and recommend alternative solutions.
- Manages and supervises staff under his/her supervision with respect to organization and performance evaluation
- Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for assigned programs; recommend and administer policies and procedure
- Contributes to the development of strategies, policies, programs and plans
- Respond to internal/external audit observations and implement successfully audit recommendation;
- Perform any other function as may be assigned by the Head of Division.
Job Suggestion: Fresh Career Opening At Accra Marriott Hotel
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience:
- Master’s degree in auditing or accounting or financial management or business administration or a related discipline, with 7 years of professional experience, including 3 years at a supervisory level in the field of auditing, accounting and finance, with at least 5 years in auditing
- Bachelor’s degree in auditing or accounting or financial management or business administration or related discipline with 10 years of professional experience, including 3 years at a supervisory level in the practice of auditing, of which at least 5 years must be in auditing
- Relevant professional certification, i.e., “Certified Public Accountant” or Chartered/Certified Public Accountant designation (e.g., ACCA, CPA, CIMA, CA, etc.)
- Membership in a relevant professional organization will be an added advantage.
- Indicative basic salary of US$ 37,453.00 (P3 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g.
- Post adjustment (57% of basic salary),
- A Housing allowance of US$ 21,832.68 (per annum),
- Education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum)
- For internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff
How To Submit Your Work Application To African Union
Closing Date: 2nd February, 2024
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED