There is an exciting job vacancy the position of Statistician At FAO.
- Plans and leads components of multidisciplinary teams and short-term work groups, leads and/or participates on Divisional teams, participates in Organization-wide committees, project teams and working groups and provides specialized expertise on international technical networks and or technical policy and standard setting bodies.
- Coordinates the development, collection, review, processing and/or analysis of key social/economic/environmental indicators, based on either traditional statistical methods/sources or on unstructured sources and data science methods to support the delivery of economic and social development programmes of work whether focused on products, projects, publications or services.
- Designs and develops improved/updated technical, statistical and/or analytical tools, systems and databases.
- Designs and conducts research, data collection, validation, analysis and/or reporting in support of the development of technical standards, international instruments, innovative tools and methodologies to be used within the Organization or by external stakeholders.
- Coordinates the production of a variety of technical reports and provides input in flagship publications, technical documents, divisional publications and/or web pages
- Coordinates and provides response to requests and provides technical and/or policy advice, assistance and solutions to Regional, Subregional and Country Offices including technical backstopping of field projects.
- Coordinates and provides capacity development services, including the planning and organization of training workshops and seminars and the preparation of related information, materials, on-line tools and information kits.
- Coordinates the organization, conduct and follow up of meetings, consultations and conferences, the development/production of required materials and the provision of information and assistance to partners.
- Participates in resource mobilization activities in accordance with Corporate Strategies and Divisional Plans.
- Promotes international cooperation and collaboration, advocates best practices, knowledge sharing, increased policy dialogue, and provides technical expertise at international meetings and conferences.
- Advanced university degree in statistics, economics, or a related field with training in statistics.
- Seven years of relevant experience in the production and analysis of food and agricultural statistics in national or international organizations, including field experience in statistical surveys and censuses.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of French.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions.
- Extent and relevance of experience in the compilation, validation and analysis of food and agricultural statistics.
- Extent and relevance of experience in the compilation of food and agriculture Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) indicators.
- Extent and relevance of knowledge and experience in census and survey methodology.
- Extent and relevance of experience in designing, planning and managing large scale surveys and/or censuses.
- Extent and relevance of knowledge and experience in software used for processing and analysing census/survey data.
- Extent of experience in formulation and/or implementation of field projects and in providing support to countries for technical assistance in statistics.
- Ability to mobilize financial resources to support the implementation of field projects.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Quality of writing and reporting skills
- Employment Offers At Newmont
- MTN Invites Job Applications
- Job Placement At SCG Chartered Accountants
How To Forward An Application To FAO For The Position: Statistician
Closing Date: 7th February, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED