Are you looking to progress in your career? Sandvik has an exciting career slot for a Commercial Manager to join our West Africa team in Kumasi, Ghana.
About Your Job:
- Develop and implement the West Africa Sales Area commercial strategy aligned to the divisional strategies.
- Adjust the commercial strategy to meet changing markets and competitive conditions.
- Determine how to best engage with new businesses to minimize the commercial risk and maximize overall profitability in accordance with prevailing Business Area (BA) policies.
- Develop and maintain standard Sandvik Mining and Rock Solution’s (SMR) quotation/proposal/contract templates to drive consistent customer experience and mitigate commercial and legal risk.
- Develop standard templates and documents.
- Local implementation of global framework agreements.
- Manage the process of business risk assessment of contracts (new and amended) prior to business commitment, for sales areas and any distributor network within the region.
- Assess risks and viability of the long-term profitability, in collaboration with key stakeholders (e.g., BLMs and Business Controller) of proposed deals; query logic, ensure business cases are comprehensive and include any bundled (more than one Division) deals, in accordance with the bundling process, which requires an unbiased assessment of overall risk/benefits to SMR.
- Follow up with BLMs to ensure all relevant P&L global stakeholders have been included in the review process for new businesses and communicate where required.
- Responsible for Organizing training on commercial excellence. This includes benchmark practices, applicable business area policies, and Sandvik ways of working to embed commercial management tools, systems, and processes; review gap analyses and recommend additional training where required.
- Participate in the formulation of the SA strategy in line with company strategy.
- Responsible for logging and investigating any process deviations within the region, recommending next steps to drive accountability and continuous improvement.
- A minimum of 1st Degree in Finance, Commerce, Supply Chain, Law, or related areas is essential. A master’s degree or professional legal qualification with a focus on commercial contracts will be a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working with contractual documents and managing commercial issues, with 3 to 5 years of management experience.
- Demonstrated ability in assessing commercial risk as part of undertaking new business, leading negotiation strategy development, and participating in negotiations.
- Experience in contract development would be advantageous with an understanding of legal terms and conditions.
- Strong comprehension of financial reporting and business case assessment
- Experience in the development and execution of process audits, and in the development of new processes/policies/procedures
- Ability to identify relevant facts and risks as well as the bigger picture.
- French Language Proficiency will be an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 is essential.
License or Certificates
- Valid Driver’s License and Passport
- Able to clear a criminal background check.
How To Submit An Application To Sandvik For The Job Slot
Closing Date: 11th June, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED