AngloGold Ashanti is seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join their dedicated team as a Senior Ventilation Engineer.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
- JOB POSTING : SENIOR VENTILATION ENGINEER
- DEPARTMENT : MINE PLANNING AND TECHNICAL
- STRATUM OF ROLE : II H
- EMPLOYMENT STATUS : PERMANENT
- CLOSING DATE : 31ST JULY 2023
Purpose of Role
Plan, manage and ensure an occupational environment that is conducive to good health and productivity. The Senior Ventilation Engineer will be responsible for Ventilation planning & survey, statutory monitoring and reporting, supervising ventilation constructions/fans, etc.
- Provide safe and conducive work environment by ensuring adequate ventilation in all working areas.
- Identify and schedule primary ventilation construction including Care & Maintenance areas of the mine
- Prepare and be accountable for the planning of mine ventilation works, including the placement of secondary fans, the siting and design of regulators and stoppings and the sealing of stopes so as to deliver the required minimum quantities of fresh air to scheduled working places.
- Work with the Mine Captains and Supervisors to get ventilation works carried out in a timely manner and to the specified standard of quality
- Communicate the Short-Term ventilation planning to all mining team.
- Have ownership and be accountable for issuing blasting time and input ventilation information into ventilation logbook for statutory requirements.
- Prepare and submit statutory ventilation reports
- Plan and be accountable for the outputs from primary ventilation surveys. This includes airflow, pressure, and contaminant surveys at active and Care & Maintenance sections of the mine
- Update mine emergency escape route plans
- Prepare and issue Ventilation Work Instructions (stope & development blast, construction, etc.)
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the work area.
- Ensure compliance in areas of Mine ventilation and Occupational Health as per Ghana Mining Regulations.
- Have ownership and be responsible for ventilation network planning and survey at the Care and maintenance areas of the mine
- Provide technical advice to mine operation on ventilation system deviations/deficiencies and solutions
Qualification, Experiences and Technical Competencies
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 5 years’ experience in underground ventilation engineering.
- Knowledge in ventilation planning and collecting ventilation data (primary and secondary survey).
- Blasting Certificate
- Mine Rescue Certificate of Competence
- Shift Boss Certificate of Competence
- Knowledge in Ventsim Software/VUMA Software
- Knowledge in Mine planning software preferably Studio5D Planner/Surpac
- Knowledge in AutoCAD
- Other Competencies
- Must have managed people in similar role for at least 2 years
- Demonstrated capacity to make sound and timely decisions, by quickly assembling the facts to develop action priorities
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, communication and motivating skills.
- Lead by example, displaying technical and managerial leadership.
- Professional approach to maintaining contractor, authority and client relationships.
- Able to work harmoniously with a diverse array of personnel.
- Mentor and develop personnel.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships, with a range of stakeholders.
- Displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
- Goal-orientated self-starter.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Maximise performance, solving problems and analysing issues to ensure best for project outcomes.
How To Apply for the AngloGold Ashanti Job
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce and strongly encourage females to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 31ST JULY, 2023.
Other AngloGold Ashanti Jobs:
- Time and Attendance Officer At AngloGold Ashanti
- Engineering Systems Officer at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Senior Surveyor at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED