A Senior Project Planner is needed At Anglogold Ashanti Limited.
Role Purpose And Context
The primary purpose of the position at Anglogold is to take the lead role in respect to project planning function, specifically compiling and leading the Obuasi Redevelopment Project (ORP) Phase 3 Master Schedule process. This role is responsible for overseeing and implementing a comprehensive schedule control system, including day-to-day planning activities and the integration of Contractor, and third-party schedules into the overall ORP Phase 3 master schedule.
See Also: Amazing Job Opportunities At Absa Bank
Key Accountabilities At Anglogold:
- Responsible for the setup, implementation, maintenance and management of the baseline project master schedule and performance baseline to AGA Planning and Scheduling standards.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the Primavera planning system.
- Prepare project reports including S-Curves, Dashboard, earned value management, etc.
- Ensure schedule alignment to WBS, contracting and procurement strategy.
- Support the Project Management team, by providing accurate and timely planning information, such as progress and productivity updates, critical path, near critical path, variance analysis and corrective actions to support decision making processes
- Conduct schedule analysis utilizing resource loading and levelling, S curves and histograms to ensure schedules are attainable and realistic.
- Oversee planning and scheduling resources to ensure adequate information and support is provided to the senior management team to make informed and timely decisions.
- Provide appropriate training and guidance where necessary to ensure data quality and integrity is maintained and converted into information to support timely decision making.
- Mentor and develop planning personnel, to raise planning competency, knowledge and promote best practice planning techniques
- Support a planning culture where continuous improvement in performance is valued.
- Implement schedule controls including float management, earned value and critical path analysis, with a well-defined, objective progress measurement regime
- Responsible for developing and implementing an operational readiness schedule for the Mining team
- Actively participate in schedule review meetings, maintain meeting records and agreed actions from minutes, and any follow activities to ensure actions are completed in a timely manner
Provide regular project updates to the management team in relation to progress, and highlight any issues or concerns that may impact on compliance, cause delays or potential increase in cost
- Proactively address changes and incorporate formally approved changes into the schedule in a timely manner.
- Audit contractor and third-party schedules prior to incorporating into the project master schedule.
- Maintain accurate meeting records, agreed actions, and ensure follow up actions are completed.
- In conjunction with the Senior Manager UG Infrastructure, assist with the development of the overall commissioning schedule. Help coordinate engineering and construction labour and resources (plant and equipment) to support the commissioning process
- Lead by example always to create a safe working environment. Commitment to project safety, by taking responsibility for personal safety and ensuring safe working practices for the planning Team.
- Understand and adhere to HSE regulations with zero tolerance to breaches.
- Ensure safety is the prime consideration in the planning process
Recommended: Guinness Ghana Accepts Job Applications
Qualification And Experience:
- A recognized tertiary qualification in Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering
- Project Management Certification (PMP)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in lead or senior planning and scheduling role on a major project
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of project management principles, with advanced knowledge of planning principles
- Extensive Engineering and Construction planning experience
- Demonstrated proficiency expert Primavera P6 Software and MS Project user
- Knowledge of related project controls functions specifically planning and control, progress measurement, change control and reporting principles
- Commitment to a culture of continuous improvement
How To Submit An Application For Senior Project Planner At (Anglogold)
To submit an online application, click Here
Deadline: 3rd December, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED