There a job vacancy for Communications Superintendent at AngloGold Ashanti.
Role Purpose And Context At:
The purpose of the Communications Superintendent role at Anglogold is to lead the Communications subfunction of the Sustainability Department to develop a more visible and enviable corporate image and effectively establish and maintain mutually beneficial relationships between the mine and the public towards securing social license for the mine.
Key Accountabilities At Anglogold:
- Ensure compliance with Safety KPIs through Planned Task Observations, Positive / Hazards Observation and Reporting, Workplace Visits / Inspections, etc.
- Enforce all environmental work procedures issued by the Head of Department
- Build and sustain a team of direct reports capable of producing required outputs and model the team’s work behaviours consistent with the company values
- Plan and deploy financial resources assigned within the approved frameworks to ensure the delivery of all strategic initiatives within budget and time frame agreed.
- Develop and implement effective communication plan for various situations or crises
- Perform communications research and monitor the progress of various communication strategies including analyzing media coverage, define target audience, and identify what platforms will help scaling public relations efforts
- Organise media campaigns to improve public access to information
- Develop and maintain a positive media relation at local, regional, and national levels
- Manage active social media presence of the Obuasi Mine to improve brand visibility and positive story communication
- Support organization of mine events such as conferences, launches, press tours, etc
- Develop speeches and media kits for events and programmes for effective story pitching
- Ensure the mine website is up to date
- Ensure compliance with AGA brand requirements
Check Also: Mass Recruitment For Fresh Graduates At Acreaty
Qualification And Experience:
- Relevant Tertiary qualification in Data Communications, Public Relations or a related field
- 5 years’ experience in similar line of work
- A good knowledge and understanding of the mining industry and internationally applicable standards relevant to mining and sustainable development (ICMM, IFC, ESG, VPSHR, GEITI, etc.)
- A good understanding of the business functions in alignment with organizational priorities and audience needs and preferences
- A good experience in defining, creating, and delivering clear, consistent, compelling content that effectively tells the organization’s story
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
- Solid experience with social media including blogs
- Experience in event planning
- Hands on experience in standard report writing and presentation
How To Submit An Application For Communications Superintendent (AngloGold)
To send your application online, click on this Link
Deadline: 3rd December, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED