There is a job vacancy for the role of Procurement Supervisor at Dangote Global Services Ltd.
- The procurement supervisor, Dangote Global Services Ltd, will manage the sourcing and shipping of spares parts and equipment from various international suppliers for factories in Pan-African locations.
- The procurement supervisor will oversee and supervise employees to make sure all items are sourced, prepared, shipped, and received on time while complying with company policy. Acts as a liaison between workers and management, and reports on sourcing and shipping activities and challenges.
Recommended: Amazing Job Offers At World Trade Organization
Jobs to be done
- Job costing of products and input cost control.
- Study sourcing and shipping options (Ex- factory, Fob, inland transport, handling packing etc.)
- Issue PFI Invoices & Shipping documents and manage FX losses
- Manage timely shipping and presentation of documents. Ensure safe receipt of goods.
- Verify invoices from supplier’s and freight forwarder for payment.
- Set up additional procedures to improve communication and controls to improve cost control.
- Manage and train others in the team to follow procedures.
- Work with Finance Team to ensure monthly inter- company accounts are agreed and payment to freight forwarders are made.
- Handle queries from factories, suppliers and freight forwarders.
- Effectively manage orders as every order is handled manually.
- Manage Order files and related documents.
- Source for materials/equipment/spare parts globally for distribution across the business units and Pan-African locations
Check: Generation New Job Vacancy
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience of which at least 3+ years of experience in a shipping management or supervisory role
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Engineering, Logistics, Accounting, or any other related discipline.
- In-depth technical knowledge of shipping and/or logistics procedure
- Experience in Procurement with export to Nigeria is a strong preference
- Experience in sourcing of spare parts globally and shipping of parcels by air and sea is a key requirement.
- Sound knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting
- Hands-on experience of procuring and shipping equipment and spare parts
Skills and knowledge
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Strong attention to details as orders are to be looked at separately and managed individually.
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Possess good judgement and decision-making abilities
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications and other computer software e.g. spreadsheet, database
- High ethical standards and integrity
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Outstanding organisational and multi-tasking skills.
Also Check: New Job Placement At Wekplace
- Our preferred candidate will have experience in sourcing equipment/spare parts and shipping materials globally, specifically to Africa. This is a key criteria
- Applicants must have a UK work experience in this field.
- Applicants should live in the UK or if you are applying from outside the UK, you must possess a UK work permit.
How To Submit An Application For Procurement Supervisor At Dangote
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED